Gyes Seat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My seat rail on my MTB broke last week and I needed a new seat so I ordered up a Gyes from http://www.crowcycleco.com/ $59 plus reasonable shipping. Got it yesterday well packaged
in a cloth storage bag in a good box inside another box. came with tools a tension wrench and an allen wrench and care instructions. The color i ordered is black which is a really dk brown but I like how it looks. Under side of seat has a water shedding membrane. Top leather is embossed with Gyes emblem and a texture fit and finish very good this is on my daily rider so I will soon have coments on its utility . If you look on this page http://www.crowcycleco.com/featured-pro ... brown.html
they have a patina d cruiser seat for $78 with "rusty frame" pretty cool.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Looks nice. Good luck with it.

I've been thinking I'd get one of their seats someday.

I've had a could of these....the springer model.

They are nice saddles, but the leather is pretty stiff. I don't ride mine enough to know how quickly they can break in.

I bought one too, small springer, has stitching like yours, black as well. It is stiff, but a lot of new seats like these are, maybe not brooks? I have been rubbing baseball mit goo on it and it's getting much softer. The one I wanted was no longer available, but I found one on ebay/japan. Took three weeks to get here, but bike wasn't ready anyways.

All the Brooks saddles I've had from new were pretty hard; normal it seems.
The good thing is they wear-in to a specific rider, and it doesn't take too long.
From my experience neatsfoot oil or other dressings that will hasten softening aren't needed.
Some treatments may actually damage the leather, shorten the lifespan of the saddle, and make it less comfortable than if it were worn-in naturally.
Neatsfoot oil works to soften leather by breaking down the fibers. Makes leather soft, but also makes it weak.

Brooks recommends Proofide for their seats. I've used it with no problems. Can't see why it wouldn't work on other saddles as well

So far so good just a few weeks in on it . Haven't treated it yet I have about a little over 100 mi on it no noises or kinks or cracks . I like it I like the texture top better than the Brooks smooth top.

Latest posts

Back