Hammered Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on hammering this build out!!!

Whoever came up with that kickstand idea is brilliant!!!! 8)

kingfish254 said:
Congrats on hammering this build out!!!

Whoever came up with that kickstand idea is brilliant!!!! 8)
Thanks for all the other member comments prior to the quote above. I've been trying to avoid commenting and let the bike speak for itself.
Kingfish you have been doing a GREAT Job keeping builders motivated.
Kingfish had suggested a couple of times using a hammer for kickstand so I decided to give it a go. I started looking for just a handle but ended up with a 4 dollar HD hammer. I'll take credit for working through the mounting process though. Refer to H.H. Build Forum page 10.

GREAT bike, I too love the hammers. Only one thing I would change....any way to weld the brackets onto the handle bars? If not, maybe paint the ties so they blend in with the handle bars?

Happy with and appreciative of the 15 votes Hammered Higgins received to land a 3 way tie for 20th or 15th place depending how you list the place ranking. There was an amazing group of bikes finished and entered in the build-off.
H. Higgins started with a set of tires purchased on a whim prior to BO7 with no intended purpose. On a recent trip to Alaska I bought another random set of tires...could be inspiration for BO8.
Congratulations to all the finishers.

Re: Hammered Higgins (New Hardware)

Midwest Bike Fest 2012 - People's Choice Kustom - Winner
100_4102.jpg

HHMBFPeoplesChoiceKustom2012.jpg

That is awesome!!!!
Congrats!!!!

aka_locojoe said:
Congrats! Well deserved win.
Hey thanks also!!! Got some inspiration from you and the Coasters.

ndaway said:
Sweet ride..congratulations 8)
Hey thanks also again!!!
Great job yourself with the Coca Cola bike and the white Schwinn. You are racking up the awards.

Hammer kickstand photo showed up on RRB's Facebook page today.

MazdaFlyer said:

I saw that. Congrats!

MazdaFlyer said:
Interesting reading some of the Facebook Comments predicting all of the bad things that might happen with the kickstand.
8a43fb78.jpg

There is pedal and heel clearance with the hammer head, it stays in place and is very ridable. It is mounted solid on the kickstand stub.
The one I liked best was it's use as an emergency brake likened to an aircraft carrier arresting cable hook.

Latest posts

Back