Hard Eight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to recall someone in Germany was making adapters so this type of Shimano hub so they can be used with an offset rear cog...
Would love to see how they did it.

Without a wider shift hardware on the wheel, i couldnt figure out how to engineer it without wire or housing dragging on teeth.
Impressive driveway. Did you ever do a Mopar themed bike?
My wifes car is the speedster of the two. My little 273 4bbl doesnt compare to the new hemi. Just brings the old school style...

Sure, have done a few mopar themed...

https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/mbbo-class-1-hot-purple-valiant-done.86526/
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/mbbo-4-class-1-in-violet-finished.94687/
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/class-1-mbbo-4-torred-68-typhoon-finished.94272/
One of the three is still close to what the build.
IMG_20201021_183907.jpg

I'd like to get this to Ralphie's Bike Shop''s grand opening show this saturday as an in progress bike.

Things todo by saturday morning to try to get a rideable concept by the end of the show.

1. Finish bottom tube and bottom bracket relocation as well as Finish seat and chain stay welds today.
2. Weld on required chain line adjusters today
3. Finish seatpost-less mounting points. Weld them on.
4. Weld on Roller brake attaching spot.
5. Weld on shifter mount.
6. Find the Apes to fit this build.
7. Cut cable housings (can be on saturday)
8. Ride after the show and see what breaks...

Did I see a wicker frame jig in a couple of your pictures??? Nice.

Merle. :crazy:

Merle, that would be a crazy jig for sure. Possibly made by Jigs for the Islander... Hehe.

No wicker jigs here. Maybe it was the wicker table or chair on the back porch.

This round, the frame is being eyeballed. And critically compared to square. Cant get too twisted while working on it else odd angles show up because my eyes get crooked...
tenor.gif

The tooling for my big jig isn't complete yet. Have the box attachments, and still need to build the arms. One past buildoff i spent crattive energy there rather than building the bike...

Ali wkc on FB is the guy that makes adapters. Unfortunately not very good in English, he said. Although if you just want to order one you will probably make the communication work.
I found some pictures though, when I get home I will post them.

By the way you don't need to weld an attachment point for the roller brake. A simple bracket for a coaster brake is enough, the principle is the same.

Not forgotten.

Been so busy with working weekends and nights, even thru half the day thanksgiving. Critical delivery time so the deep thoughts here have been on pause. Will be picking it up as vacation starts up next week.

List of things done without pics yet. Adapter for deep dish arrived for the nexus 8. I Cut in the chain to make sure the bike had a straight chain line sprocket to sprocket.

Noticed a few imperfections, but it will work out fine. Things are square and need to finish the welds and make the seat and sissy in the next couple weeks. May be bare metal for final pics. Or black primered. Will figure that out as soon as i get there.

Used the mallet to square up the bottom bracked and welded it and the bottom tube in.
IMG_20201219_113147.jpg

IMG_20201221_162429.jpg

A couple days ago I smoothed in the welds with the dremel and then some liquid Steel.
IMG_20201221_162420.jpg
IMG_20201221_162437.jpg

Ground out. Needs some sanding and close to painting before it gets cold next week.

Latest posts

Back