Hellbilly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
`ok, iknow i'm outta my league w/ most of you rats,but i went to the FAT TIRE TOUR on sat. and was inspired to give it a shot. stripped off the paint on sun., only a few hours and it was ready to prime. used a combination of stripper, 3m pad attached to drill and a wire wheel on the drill, worked great. bike is a early 60s western flyer(murray comet i think) it is going to be primer gray & black w/ clear coat.bought the bike for 29.00 but had to buy a CL huffy basically for the wheels that was 35.00. rims will be black, tires red, small bars flipped, small fender in rear, oh i painted the gooseneck & crank black, trying to decide to chainguard or not, whatta ya think?
bikes007.jpg

bikes008.jpg

fattire049.jpg

fattire045-1.jpg

fattire041.jpg

fattire039.jpg

fattire036-1.jpg

[[/IMG]
[I[/IMG]
[[/IMG]
[/img]

I think it's real cool and it looks as if your off and running but it's that tiki heads opinion that really matters. That head is cool too where did you get it?

Progress on the bike, rims painted tires swapped.Frame and tank painted. painted fork tips and rear dropouts.almost ready to assemble.I am going to put a axle kickstand on because i don't want to have to fabricate a bracket, plus i like the look. going to steal black headlight off one of my other bikes,also have a couple of Hellbilly decals on the way for the tank. I'm trying to decide chainguard or not.I am thinking not but if I do it will be the old Hiawatha[/img]
fattire065.jpg

fattire064.jpg

fattire063.jpg

fattire062.jpg

fattire059.jpg

fattire058.jpg

fattire057.jpg

bikes007.jpg

bikes008.jpg

Good combo!
cant wait to see this one finished!

Clean and simple. I like it a lot. Great job!

Thanx for the comments. I had not even thought about painting the headset.My only concern would be that it broke it up too much, I dont want it to start looking too cutesy. I originally had the gooseneck painted black but it turned out to be too short for the height i needed the bars to be. Definitely something to think about. This is why I love this site!!!

Latest posts

Back