Hellbilly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some updated pics of Hellbilly. I have added toolbag and rear stand,both purchased.Added light and painted the bars and stem. tried to use a BMX style headset but just couldnt get it to where it was comfortable. Tried about six different type bars till I found these that didn't hit my knees,but were small enough to get the right look.Still need to add ends for the bars, clean it up and touch it up( I have been ridin it alot).As much as I like the boardtrack look I really wanted it to be rider friendly more than anything.It is really tight and solid.This bike is soooo much different than my rat with the x-large apes as far as turning and handling.The only change may be a laidback seatpost 8)
rrbobuildoff008-1.jpg

rrbobuildoff007-1.jpg

rrbobuildoff006.jpg

rrbobuildoff005-1.jpg

rrbobuildoff004-1.jpg

rrbobuildoff003-1.jpg

rrbobuildoff002-1.jpg

rrbobuildoff001.jpg

the truss rods on that look great!!! did you make those or were they from something stock?
btw the headset king pin was talking about was just the bearing cups for the forks and bars (i think black would look alittle better to since theres not much chrome on hellbilly) nice bike :mrgreen:

OK , here is the final product. This build has been a blast!!! :D I waited till the last minute to take the final pics. Thought I would take it up to the lake about 35 miles away, get the pictures and enjoy a day at the lake.To my surprise the lake had been drained!!! I have lived here since 1969 and have never heard of Canyon Lake being drained before, this is a Big lake!!!! On the way back home I stopped at the Lost Dutchman state park (Superstition Mountains &fabled Lost Dutchman gold mine)I am glad I did, it was beautiful out, a rare overcast day :lol:
There are alot of great bikes in this buildoff and judging is going to be very difficult. I must add that I am so glad I found this site, very friendly, informitive, and managed very well. Thanks Steve 8)
rrbofinalpics001.jpg

rrbofinalpics002.jpg

rrbofinalpics003.jpg

rrbofinalpics004.jpg

rrbofinalpics005.jpg

rrbofinalpics006.jpg

rrbofinalpics007.jpg

rrbofinalpics008.jpg

rrbofinalpics009.jpg

Bike and scenery are just plain beautiful. Great Build! Great Pics!

This is a great looking bike! It looks very legit, and everything fits together very well.

I've got a very similar western flyer frame like that... except its got a single top tube. I really like the truss rods/book rack on the front too! I need to find a pair of those.

Latest posts

Back