Hello From Aus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rust - Good or Bad?

• Yes- I LOVE Rust!

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • No- Grind, Sand, Get It Off My Bike!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys. My name is Jeff but using Jetro as a screen name.

Just a quick intro, im 30 live in Melbourne, not married and no kids (apart from my bikes).
Im into Rat rod bikes, Lowriders, Choppers, well most kustoms, and of course old school BMX's.

A quick pic of 1 of my bikes, named
'Massacre'.

l_0c8a36b805634d3c8d32617907447184.jpg

I have made a few changes to bike since the pic was taken - cleaned up tyres and rims, painted rims red, put a brake on it, suicide linkage shift to a shimano 3spd hub (no cable) and heaps of xtras like lights, bullets, speedo...... LOTS of stuff..........

I will post a new pic soon aswell as pics of my other bikes.

welcome Jetro...
I LOVE the look of that bike!
Perfect Stance...

even as it is without all the changes you speak about.
It sits very nice!

post up some more Pic's .....
I think you'll fit right in here,

peace,
Kev.

I like that bike it looks sweet, but i was wondering if it was hard to ride with big tall ape hangers like that?

it was a peugeot mixte, raked the front out aswell as cutting the two rear top tubes and seatpost.

not hard to ride with the apes, its the buggar all room between seat and pedals that really kills the knee's.

Its uncomfortable but it looks sick and gets heaps of comments - thats what its all about to me - how good ya look on it!!!!

new_dharma said:
lurker said:
Is that a mixte with the top tubes removed?

true mixte's don't have a top-tubes...they are a step-through bike (NOT "girls" frame).

From Sheldon Brown's Bicycle Glossary:

"Mixte
A style of lady's frame in which the "top tube" consists of a pair of small diameter tubes running more-or-less straight from the upper head lug, past the seat tube, and on to the rear fork ends. A mixte frame thus has 3 sets of rear stays, instead of the usual two. A variant on the mixte uses a single, full sized top tube running from the upper head tube to the seat tube, but retains the middle set of stays. A lady's type bike that lacks the middle pair of stays is not a mixte."

This is a Mixte. See the top tubes? See where Jetro's bike is missing it's?

mixte-supercourse.jpg
[/i]

lurker said:
new_dharma said:
lurker said:
Is that a mixte with the top tubes removed?

true mixte's don't have a top-tubes...they are a step-through bike (NOT "girls" frame).

From Sheldon Brown's Bicycle Glossary:

"Mixte
A style of lady's frame in which the "top tube" consists of a pair of small diameter tubes running more-or-less straight from the upper head lug, past the seat tube, and on to the rear fork ends. A mixte frame thus has 3 sets of rear stays, instead of the usual two. A variant on the mixte uses a single, full sized top tube running from the upper head tube to the seat tube, but retains the middle set of stays. A lady's type bike that lacks the middle pair of stays is not a mixte."

This is a Mixte. See the top tubes? See where Jetro's bike is missing it's?

mixte-supercourse.jpg
[/i]

ACTUALLY, it's one of the rear stays that is gone (if you look at Mr Brown's definition that you posted)...the "top tubes" are still there.

wow i am in the minority of saying no rust. lol i guess that is not totally true as i think kev's rolfast is one of the coolest bikes on here. i guess i should say that i just dont like rust on chrome when i know i can get it off. but patina is dead sexy.

Latest posts

Back