Hello from Cincy, OH.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright so I just found this sight yesterday and have anxiously been waiting for approval so I can dive head first into this community.
Brief background since this is the intro thread: I'm 27 live in Cincinnati Ohio. spent most my years traveling, aka hitchhiking, bike touring, and hopping trains. been a bike nerd since I can remember! Current project is a 1950s monarch or monark? forget which one is post war spelling, threw a 3 piece crank in it old banana seat from one of my stingrays an some flat bars. fun klunker style bike to ride.
anyways after seeing the build threads on here I'm excited to be around all these great bike nerds!

thank you!

been reading old threads an admiring great builds last few days. hope to get a bike in on the bike of the month voting soon. although those custom frames are beyond me, specialize in Chicago schwinns with suicide brakes an shifters.

Welcome to the site from another Ohioan, old HOBO myself.

The image you're trying to load might be to big, try making it smaller pixel size.
Or @Rat Rod might have a bug in the system.

well almost figured it out, some reason it's upside down. sorry tech illiterate ...
20171214_123302.jpg

Monark-Silver King, Inc. of Chicago, was a manufacturer of bicycles, 1934-1957, (formerly the Monark Battery Company of Illinois and California).
Monark was a bicycle trademark (#71539832) from 1933-1988.
John William Kiser founded a Monarch Cycle Manufacturing Company, Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Toronto, 1882-1899 (during another bike boom).
Other bicycles have sported the Monark/Monarch labels over the years.
Monark Cykelfabriken is the name of a foreign manufacturer of bicycles and motorcycles in Sweden.

Last edited:
Welcome! I am from Dayton, Ohio.

Huffman bought out Monark in 1958, and used the Monark name on their bicycles. I own two of the Huffman-built Monark bikes.

welcome I'm in Middletown ohio love the old Schwinn middle weights
here is my pair of 64 Schwinn americains

Attachments

• 100_4420.JPG
    100_4420.JPG
    283.3 KB · Views: 218
I'm from Lawrenceburg, IN about 20 miles outside Cincy. Great Vintage bike shop out here called Cyclops Bicycles, if you ever are in need of project parts they have you covered. welcome!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back