Hello from Florida

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to say HI after stumbling onto this KOOL site while looking for parts for my 1981 Schwinn. There are some GREAT bikes on this site & you all have inspired me to bring my old Schwinn back to it's former glory.

Here is a pic of my daily rider. It's a Greenline 26" Army cruiser frame & forks with Black alloy wheels, 180mm BMX crank & redline sprocket blacked out, Old KKT BMX pedals blacked out, CW cruiser bars on a mongoose stem, Redline Lay back post with a comfy Schwinn air ride seat. Very good riding bike with plenty of leg room.

100_1893.jpg

Re: fl.

tnt1 said:
where in fl. are you at l.m.k. t/y Tony 8)

I'm in Cocoa Florida.

Here is a pic of my 1981 Schwinn i purchased new in San Diego & built up with red anodized BMX parts & tires. I just pulled it out of my parents shed & hope to get it on the road again. The search for parts has begun.

100_1884.jpg

Welcome

Welcome. Nice bikes.

UNDER-PRESSURE said:
Manny Moons said:
welcome! have you checked out the military bikes other members here have made?

No i haven't seen any of the other Army bikes yet.

Bike Rod and Kustom had a feature on military themed bikes. The site is down right now due to reaching the bandwidth limit but should be back up later this month http://bikerodnkustom.com

Markm said:
welcome. Is that a Cruiser 5 frame?

I'm not sure?? I bought the frame when i was a kid & built it up as a single speed with BMX components. You weren't KOOL in Southern California if you weren't riding one. :)

Well thanks to a local flee market & Wal Mart for parts my 81 Schwinn is on the road again. :mrgreen: Not as pretty as when it was new but it's good to ride it again.

100_1905.jpg

100_1907.jpg

Latest posts

Back