Hello from Holland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, Ace calling !

You can say I've been into bikes all my life, as I don't even have a driver's license - did I mention I'm 43 ?
Been riding my Whizzers since 1999, but sold them not too long ago because I got fed up with the amount of tinkering they took, and how little hours of joy I got in return. Fragile little machines with the wrong parts made from aluminium :wink: Also they were in my livingroom, and they just had to go when my gf moved in. Bikes don't keep you warm at night, so I gave in. :lol:
Anyway, to get back to the fun in riding, I got an Electra Ghostrider a few months ago, in addition to my Electra Rat Rod I'd been enjoying for about 5 years now. One problem though: the gf likes it too, but I wouldn't let her ride it :lol: so this weekend we got her an Electra Hellbilly, and now we can finally ride with joy together. My other bike I use for shopping is a Kronan. And that's about all the shed can store !

I really respect what you people are doing to your bikes, old and new, but for myself I'm not into building at the moment due to lack of time. Keep up the good work and show me more please 8)

My Whizzers:

2956094638_230b4d8835_o.jpg

2956094912_de041864a8_o.jpg

My collection as is now:

2956042286_1530896152_b.jpg

Yep, I have a thing with red and black. More pics in other topics later.
Ace @ work, have to go !

Welcome!
Kronan is a swedish bike! Never thought I'd see one here. :D I had an old Kronan armybike many years ago, loved that bike but it got stolen. :(

Sorry to hear that, Kronans are pretty cool - mine holds 2 crates of beer on the frontrack without complaining :lol:
I'm pretty sure you people know what they look like, but here are a few more pics just to be sure:

2957882597_f68213f3bf_b.jpg

2958725512_82d10581fa_o.jpg

2957883265_fa5a5569ae_b.jpg

2805468611_ea8107b87f_o.jpg

That is my shed in the back, not my house by the way :mrgreen:
What do you recommend where I should upload my pics better and bigger ?
Flickr reduces them too much for my liking...cheers !

Been riding my Whizzers since 1999, but sold them not too long ago because I got fed up with the amount of tinkering they took, and how little hours of joy I got in return. Fragile little machines with the wrong parts made from aluminium :wink: Also they were in my livingroom, and they just had to go when my gf moved in. Bikes don't keep you warm at night, so I gave in.

Do what I did. Put the bikes in the dining room.

Nice collection!!!

crackedpiston said:
Hey, those Whizzers are cool as! Over here in Oz they're pretty rare, (I've been looking for one for a while now). Although, I may give up my search since you reckon they are more trouble than they are worth...

Keep on searching to find an original ! They are very cool attentionfinders, they really put a grin on your face, I loved to cruise them to the beach.
I had 2 replica's build it yourself out of the box Whizzers from 1999 made in Taiwan, but they have aluminium cilinder + heads, which don't agree with the steel innersleeves. I wrecked 6 cilindersets in about 4 years before I gave up, which is an utter disgrace. I don't mind a warped head, only as long as it's my own. :mrgreen: Go for an oldie with steel cilinders and you'll be fine, providing you can find one. They are pretty rare in Europe too, not to mention the price for a good one ! Best thing is you are riding a 150cc moped past the cops (49cc is the limit here) but don't expect more than 40 mph though. Which is pretty much the limit for brakingpower as well.

GodHatesCleveland said:
Do what I did. Put the bikes in the dining room.

Nice collection!!!

Thanks ! I didn't mind to get rid of them that much though, it got very frustrating to be confronted with those misfits on a daily basis...they were only replica's and not the real thing anyway. Now they are somebody elses problem. :mrgreen:

Latest newsflash !

After a while it got on my girlfriend's nerves that her bike looked smaller than mine, and we all know size does matter to women :mrgreen: so I went to the Chopperdome this morning and got a set of longer forks. Unfortunately Electra doesn't ship the forks including brake-attachments, so I had to swap my forks around to her Hellbilly, and put the new ones on my Ghostrider. I don't mind just the coasterbrake, and it looks a bit cleaner. To cut a short story even shorter, here's a few pics.

Before:

3004747453_84282f5fbd_b.jpg

After:

3004747793_d66abd02e0_b.jpg

Small difference, but the ride is a lot better this way !
Her Hellbilly is probably the only one, or only a handfull, to be fitted with a Ghostrider frontfork :mrgreen:
But now I am left with a set of Electra forks including brakelevers.
Anyone in Holland reading this and in need of a set let me know please !

Cheers, I'm pretty proud of the bunch 8) because of the lack of storage space I have to limit my bikes, so we make sure we have the right tools for a day out on wheels. Here's a pic of the shed's inside, so you get the picture:

3005090637_1f65fe2cc8_b.jpg

Hardest thing is not to hit other bikes with the pedals, to avoid paintdamage...which can be hard at 5:45 in the morning when I have to go to work - not to mention coming home after a few brews :mrgreen:

Ace, looks like home. I'm diggin the paint on the motorcycle tank on the right in the last pic. What kind of motorcycles are those? Thanks!!!

The one on the left is a Harley, the other one is a Yamaha XS 650 twin, and those were built to look like a Triumph (same designer I was told) and the paintjob is from Uriah Heep's Abominog:

B000005RG7.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sorry Ace, just re-read what I typed in regards to the XS650. I didn't mean to question whether it was a Yamaha XS650 or not ... just didn't recognize the carbs as being Yamaha piece.

Clark

I don't know Clark, will ask my mate next time. Nearly everything on that bike has changed, so anything is possible ! Mind you, it is still the original frame though, he only lowered the seat-tubes and put on shorter backsprings. It still amazes me how low it looks this way.

Latest posts

Back