Hello from Maine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Aaron. I'm 37, Fat, and recently got back into bikes. Had motorcycles and scooters for a long time. Currently have a 64 Vespa VNB.

I'm a volunteer member of the Owls Head Transportation Museum http://www.OHTM.org and love old stuff much better than new. My job at the museum is giving rides in a 1914 Model T during special events. Anyway I was referred to Rat Rod from Bike Forums and I have been looking around and love it! Beautifully done website, and a great crowd.

I was going to buy a 57 Schwinn from one of the other Members of the Museum but he decided to keep it for his grandchildren to ride. Too bad because that one was all original with nice patina and I could have used it as is. All was not lost however.. he has near 40 antique bikes in his barn, most fat tired classics like Schwinn, JC Higgins, Western Flyer, ect. Most are rough, most are girls frames but their are a few mens bikes. Newest is probably from the 60's and he has some late 1800's racers with wooden rims one with shaft drive! (He restored them and said he'll sell them over his dead body.) Way too cool. So next week I will pick out a project bike for my own. I did pick up a mid 80's 27" Schwinn World Sport 12 spd road bike today. I traded a carpet clean for it (that's what I do is clean carpets etc.) The stand over height of the top bar is 36" biggest road bike I have ever seen. I can ride it but only just. I think I'll name it "Vasectomy" LOL

Thanks for reading my inane ramblings.

Aaron

Hey!!

another Mainer!

welcome...

that makes 3 mainers... that i know of anyway... myself, hot rod lincoln, and now ACD... :) (there is at least one lurker that i know of... if he would only sign up, come on sweat-hog...)

incidentally, i was heavily into vespas for a number of years, rebuilt, restored, etc. the ones i still have are a 74 primavera, and a 66 sprint w/ a P200 engine in it. i actually picked up the sprint from up your way...
just north of rockland...

welcome aboard!

oct.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

October glad to see there are Mainer's represented on here. Do you know Andrew Bacca? He helped me with mine. Got a moped too a 78 Garelli.

Aaron

Welcome, WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT VASECTOMY! :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome again ur gonna love it here.

Vasectomy is at the bike shop getting new rubber and a tune up... this is my busy season at work so I just let them do it as I want to ride the thing soon and not wait the weeks it would take to get to it. I'll post a pic of it and myself when it's back... top tube is about at my belly button... Guy that owned it ordered it special from Schwinn he's 6'6" It is a 27" frame center of crank to bottom of seat tube. It rides great though..great view from up there.

Aaron

Welcome!

How about creating a topic on "the other talk" dedicated to old Vespa scooters and the like?

Hugo

Latest posts

Back