Hello From Oklahoma

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all,

i don't know what a rat rod bike is: (and from the forum rules i read, you're not s'posed to tell me) but i know what i like. and when i find a photo of what i like on the internet it usually points me here. i've spent plenty of time in the traditional hot rod and custom world so the term "ratrod" means something to me, but i have a feeling that it means something different here.

i have a 1965 schwinn typhoon (stock and original), a 196? storeliner (atkins maybe) sabre flight (stock with ape hangers), a 1967 hercules 3 speed (stock original), a 1969 schwinn bantam (basket case), and parts of two other bikes (neither old).

here's the typhoon:

3759103448_bb308a2e8c_o.jpg

and the sabre flite (right after i purchased it):

3753514385_087dcb50b1_b.jpg

and as it is now:

3787929917_eb044ca410_o.jpg

and the hercules:

3753531559_eac085ea19_o.jpg

Welcome to the best and friendliest bike site you will find! 8) It's not so much that there's a different meaning, it's about being open to all kinds, from straight restorations and new bikes, to completely bizarre freak jobs. Even the site owner strays a little now and then, just don't be a snob or a jerk, and you're golden! :wink:

Welcome aboard!

No worries about the forum name, it was chosen mainly for the purpose of directing traffic. :mrgreen:

In the end, it's all about folks having fun customizing bikes. :wink:

Hello Pigg. i seen your bike on here and i have one and wanted to know how much you pick it up for. and what your looking to sell it for. so i can get an idea what i should put on mine.

ken

warpigg said:

Not impossible to find, not even slightly exotic, has those silly 571 rims, but it's still the quintessential gold standard American cantilever coaster-bike..

Latest posts

Back