Hello from Sacramento

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeling very lucky I found this site. Got here from the How to repair bicycles blog. I have been a guest for about 2 weeks now because I have joined sites before to find that most members where elitest and rude. I must say, "Everyone is very nice in this site". So here I am.

How I got here: I purchased a car about a year ago to tinker with. I found out quickly that cars are expensive. So, I couldn't do very much tinkering. So, I had to find something a little more reasonable. Driving downtown I saw some custom bikes and thought, that is the ticket. This is my new hobby! Car for sale.

When I purchased my home a few years ago, I had found a couple of bikes in the ivy that has taken over my back yard from the previous home owners. I pulled them out of the ivy and laid them next to the shed. The ivy is like a cancer. It never stops growing! After my trip downtown seeing the custom bikes, I went home and and started digging the bikes out. One bike is a KHS 12 speed mountain bike. The other bike is a Huffy 6 speed Classic Edition Beach Cruiser. Both bikes are in pretty good shape considering where they where. Spiders, some leaves, vines and dirt. Nothing a good bath wouldn't cure. Oh, did I say very little rust? Of course my attention went to the Beach Cruiser. Found out the shifter is broken. Cheap plastic! However, it's still very rideable.

After reading just about every post on this site, I now have paralysis by analysis. I am stuck and don't know what direction to go. Then I found karfer67 talking about the College Cycelry that he works at. This was in the early afternoon and I couldn't wait to get down there! Since I was stuck at work I had to come up with an excuse that I had to leave. Did I say I couldn't wait? So I drove down and saw the bikes they have out front. I knew this was going to be trouble for me and my wallet. So I decided I couldn't go in. I just stood out there looking at the bikes. I had to go home and get my wife. If I made a purchase without her, I was in trouble. She came down with me and as soon as we walked into the store, she asked me for my wallet! She knows me! Long story short, this is my prefered shop!

Anyway, I know very little. I will probably break a lot of things and need help fixing them. I don't know what fits what and I am sure I will purchase needless things. However, isn't that how you spare parts? LOL! I am looking forward to my new adventure.

Awesome Intro!

Many of us can relate to your adventures. :lol:

I consider this to be the Mayberry of bike forums...ha ha.

You should have no trouble finding help and advice here.

Thanks for joining!

Steve

WELCOME..AND YEP I know haw you feel

First old bike-$$

lotsa Parts-$$

You're first Rat Bike Built with youre own Hands....PRICELESS :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8)

welcome aboard..
Karfer67 is definatly a guy to be Friends with.

He's a Great Bike Mechanic / Tecq...and a heck-a-va great guy to
know.

I think your stuck here now buy the sounds of it :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a Great place be stuck!

peace.
Kev.

Latest posts

Back