Hello from So cal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow bikers,

I've been a spectator of this site and now for some reason I want to come and introduce myself. My name is Rhedjie from Los Angeles CA, I've been a bike addict for 10 years now, I own a stretch 96 or 97 Dyno roadster, a stretch micargi puma 3.0 (customized with 26x4 rear wheel) some schwinn cruiser and electra's for the family and now currently customizing a Nirve switchblade.

With that said. I was wondering for all the guru's in this forum, I remember seeing either in this forum or in facebook about an adapter to make a bottom bracket wider. In other words converting a regular bike into a fatbike.

I'm trying to install a wide rim to my Nirve switchblade, I manage to fit the rear wheel of 26x4 but my chain rub's into the wheel, so i was wondering what would be my other alternative route in fixing the rubbing chain!
My last resort was to weld an old chopper schwinn stingray bottom bracket. Other than that any suggestion or tips are more than welcome, Please.

Thanks you in advance,

Rhedj

Latest posts

Back