Hello from Stockton, California

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. My name is Joe, I'm 28, and from Stockton California. I just have been hanging around the site checking out all the cool creations. To make my intro less boring, I wanted to first have pics of my bikes and post them but haven't got around to doing it. Don't have anything spectacular, just a few old barn bikes. I'm a farmer so I stumbled across a few. Bummer is (3) 26" girl frames- Schwinn Hornet and 2 identical Monarks (not that I'm knockin girl's frames :wink: ). I also came across a rat rod my dad built about 20 years ago- not sure the frame but it had stingray handlebars 50ish springer forks. I ended up trading the forks for a bunch of new bike parts at the flea market, they were rusty and missing a truss rod. But I do remember riding the bike when I was too small for it, it even had my license plate on it [JOE]...Now it's almost too small for me, I'm a 6'4 ogre now... :lol:
Anyway, I post my intro early today because at the flea market, I came across a really odd Schwinn, it was an old straight frame, with the oddest looking sprocket, the guy said it was a two speed?? I'm not a bike expert so let me make this clear, the sprocket looked like it was enclosed and it had a shifter on the handlebar. The guy had no idea how it worked when I asked him if it was a derailer of some sort. Anyway, any of you familiar with this? The fenders also looked a little oddly wider then usual. I was in a hurry but I wish I looked at it a little more. Did Schwinn even make something like this?

welcome as well from near by sacramento. we need more local ratters on here so we can get a ride together.

Welcome Joe I think you will find some ideas around here for those girly
bikes....I have a few that are pretty cool bikes and the local boys ride
them too . we are redoing a Schwinn Fiesta this Summer for my wife to
ride. I dont think the shifter 2 sp. is a Schwinn ...did it have "Sachs" on
the hub ?

B.F.J.

welcome aboard,
keep us Posted when you get Pictures of The Frames
and Bike's your working on.

I do hope to make my Way Down to Nor-Cal one of these days
to Ride with some of The Other Nor-Cal Guys here.

peace,
Kev.

Latest posts

Back