Hello from Wisconsin!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Very nice site. I was drawn here by my curiosity for the Diamondback "Drifter" Chopper Bicycle.
I could not find a picture of one until I was directed here by a google pic link.
I have one of these and am interested in selling it.

I have owned it for about 7 years?? and I bought it at a local bicycle shop in Lakewood Wisconsin.
The Bike is black, with only a scuff on one of the pedals and on one of the handgrip ends.
It has been hanging in my garage now for 2 years and it's time to pass it on.
Has 2 coats of carnauba wax on it and is in near mint shape. Tires still have the little sprue-teats on them!
What I liked about it was it was big enough for a smaller adult to ride and it rolled down the road so NICE!
The owner of the bike shop said he had two of them (one Red) and was having trouble selling the Black one.
Nothing wrong with it, just didn't sell?? He noted that it was rare because only a few were made and further that
the rear wheel on this one was "hand-laced" and had a rare "radial" spoke pattern opposite the sprocket.
I have never seen another one like this.
The sprocket side was cross laced for strength. The front wheel is radial-laced and looks really cool,
but I think all of them shipped this way. The forks are chrome and the trees are billet aluminum. Very cool! :D
I had read a comment that the Diamondback beat the pants off of the cheaper Schwinn OCC and WCC Models and I agree.
Also found a pic of one that had a 2 stroke chicom bike motor bolted on, but they had to cut the seat tube to get it to fit.

Anyway, if somebody here is interested, or know someone who is, I can be messaged through this site or my ebay handle is subvert13 100% + FB and a member for over 10 years!!

So hey, keep the rubber side down and enjoy the breeze!

Best Regards to all,

Brettski

Hi all,
Sorry so late in reply...family emergency (again)
Make amends settle your gripes, and tell those you love that you love them before it's too late :?

I'm originally from the Fox Valley Area.
Now settled in the Lakewood Townsend area, Hwy 32 north.

Will post those promised pics as soon as I get this thing squared away.

Best Regards to all!

Bretski

So your from the northern part of wisconsin. Wish u were closer we could hook up. Welcome from a southern wisconsiner.

Hello!

Back again...whew!! sheeesh it's cold today...4 degrees

Got those pics but no idea how to upload them... :?
Should I put them here or on the older "Diamondback Chopper?" post page?
I've never done the blog /forum thing before except to review a few pieces of music gear.
Not as tech-sabby as I used to be. (older & slower)...just figured out what these slots in the front of the
computer were for...better than using the USB cable...heck, just stick the card in there....whooda thunk eh?
No kids around to show me how to use this stuff....

Peace,

Brettski

Yup, 'bout 55miles give or take. Depends on which way. They changed it all around in the past few years.

Peace

B'ski

Latest posts

Back