Hello from WV

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. First post here, although I've posted in the FB group. I've kinda caught the bike building bug over the past few years. First was a fat bike I threw together using an old Mongoose Beast frame and parts from here and there. Rode it for a few years, gave it away, and built another bike around a Marin Al frame. Decent bike, but the ride was sort of harsh. I found an old 700C steel frame on eBay, and stripped the Marin frame of all its parts and moved them over to the "new" frame. I call it Big Red, and with a long wheelbase and 27.5 x 2.1 tires, it is very stable. Next bike is going to be a bit of a rat bike, using another eBay frame, a 1999 Specialized Crossroads Sport. I'm not crazy about the color, but for now I'm just going to clean the frame well and wax it before stripping the components from my Trek hybrid and building it up into a 700C sort-of-cruiser. I'm going to use a set of Origin8 swept riser bars to steer. Hope to have this one ready in time for my 62nd birthday, when I'm planning to do a 62 mile ride to celebrate.

Tony in WV

BigRed.jpeg

1999 Crossroads Sport.jpeg

Welcome. I like those bars. The specailized Crossroads frame had curved tubes for only a couple of years. Afterwards, it was all straight frame tubing.

Latest posts

Back