hello

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Ben, im 22, Ive been building bikes since I could walk. I'm mainly into vintage bikes, rats and choppers. Ive attatched a few pictures of some bikes ive built recently.

I built this bike after going through all the posts in the biker build off a couple months ago. Its an 80's Roadmaster.
3-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

Heres my custom OCC Chopper. 5 speed (will have a suicide shifter soon) 22" apes, huge seat, etc.
4-1.jpg

Heres my all original 73 Fastback
5-1.jpg

And heres my latest project: a 56 (i have to double check the serial number because I dont remember for sure) Schwinn Speedster. What Ive done so far: Broke the crank and headset loose, replaced back rim because original had too many broken spokes, replaced front but its too clean so im putting the original back on. Added bars and stem, tires and tubes. Im currently working on a custom springer/truss rod setup for the front, and someone cut the back fender, so i originally left it off but it looked too bare so I mounted it like that for now, until i can find another original. This is also where I came up with my username..it has plenty of patina, but its also a rat...so ratina.
1-2.jpg

im always lurking here...im glad i finally registered..lots of cool bikes and ideas here.

Welcome from across the lake!

Welcome! That cut up back fender on the 56 Schwinn, if you get another, you could piece the two together to make one super long one! Just an idea I had, I'm looking for some to build, maybe drag the road a little.

bigredddaddy said:
Welcome! That cut up back fender on the 56 Schwinn, if you get another, you could piece the two together to make one super long one! Just an idea I had, I'm looking for some to build, maybe drag the road a little.

Thats a cool idea...only problem is I dont think I have any other junk fenders laying around that are the same size.

Latest posts

Back