helmet laws

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, as some of you may know im moving to australia very soon and i just found out they have helmet laws for bicycles. is it just me or are ALL bike helmets goofy looking?

does anyone have any options for the non goofy helmet? im thinking a skateboard helmet.

personally I always wear a helmet for bicking ..

When mountain biking i use a giro xen, its the best looking of mtb helmet in my opinion and very well vented ...

I also have a skate helmet for urban riding, skate parc and cruise but its a lot warmer than the mtb helmet but also a lot cooler looking...

I think helmet all look a bit goofy but some fit you better than other, try them and find one that suite your style...

Tarto

.... helmut laws!!

$50 fine.

l_c2d6a980ef335f361c9cdad606f60a60.jpg

skate boarding skid lids seem to be the go here, If you want the real aussie helmet here it is -

Stackhat_Scotty_by_cronobreaker.jpg

The Stackhat!

oh heck yeah another aussie. you're in melbourne though. we'll have to hook up somehow. i plan on hitting up melbourne with my bikes my girl and our dogs, eventually.

Well, This is hippokritical of me 2 say, But no matter how goofy or dumb a helmet looks, If u fall and bust ur head, Atleast it will be there 2 break ur fall... I need 2 wear mine.

just my two cents but of all the emergency calls that I have done the people with helmets were better off than the ones who did not.

I find its not always the actions of the rider which puts him/her in harms way. Its the car that did not see them, or some action that caused the rider to crash. Unprotected head injuries can kill you! wear a helmet

1819980_crash.jpg

untitled.jpg

bikecrash1.jpg

ride safe

yeah bicycle helmets look dorky, but you can make em fun, just gotta be able to laugh at yourself i guess :lol:

link to urbanscootin.com, dude recently hit a pothole on his 30 mph scooter, dont think anything less than a fullface helmet woulda helped him out though.

anyway, scroll down to the bottom for the pic, dont forget to SMILE !!!

http://www.urbanscootin.com/forum/viewt ... c&start=15

All yu need to do id rat your helmet..just like you do with your bike... :D

ricksterr1221 said:
Well, This is hippokritical of me 2 say, But no matter how goofy or dumb a helmet looks, If u fall and bust ur head, Atleast it will be there 2 break ur fall... I need 2 wear mine.
there should be a law that Ricky wears one even off a bike as accident prone as he is!

Bel has/had a bike helmet that looks like an artillery helmet- KennyP's nerdnite ride thread has a pic in it somewhere. *edit* turns out its a motorcycle one, but COOL!
http://motorhelmets.com/htm-helmets/bell/pr-helmets-bell-cruiser-2006-drifter-combat.htm
I cant find it for sale online though... Bell also has one called the City/Metro, that is one of the least awful ones that I have seen... its kinda like a large baseball/jockey cap...
heck, they even have FLAT BLACK ones on clearance!
http://www.bellhelmets.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=342

Personally, I don't think anyone should HAVE to wear a helmet. At the very least any operator of any vehicle should have the choice. I feel there has been a 'safety-slide' since I was a kid. All of this is what makes kids soft nowadays. Bumps and bruises are part of life. I don't doubt for a second people get hurt on bikes (heck Dan from Iride almost got paralyzed), but for the average joe shmoe riding the cruiser, we shouldn't have to.

Riding a bike comes with what a lawyer friend called assumed risk. To argue that everyone on a bike needs a helmet is ridiculous. By the rationale that they should wear one, the logical extension would be knee pads since your knees would quite often hit the ground first. What would next if you fall? Hmm.. well let's see, elbow pads and gloves to protect your hands from road rash as you slide to a stop. Then to extend this further all bicycles will have training wheels (soon called 'safety wheels') on them. We certainly can't have these dangerous things on the road (or safely paved trail) with only two wheels, what if you lost your balance?

In fact in a few years I foresee a crusade to outlaw bicycles. they will say that they are just to risky to be ridden since there just can't be a way to mount an airbag on them. This outlawing will come no doubt after the passing of the bicycle seat belt act fails to save enough lives. I mean what legislator wants to be seen as taking a stand against something that puts children in harms way? Bicycles will go the way of the easy to light Bic lighter and Lawn Darts. Ejoy them while you can.

....sorry, I had a stream of thought going there. Had to get it out.

Hooch said:
ricksterr1221 said:
there should be a law that Ricky wears one even off a bike as accident prone as he is!

Hardy har har lol, Yesterday, im at my grandpas sitting in his recliner watching some spooky movie on the boobtoob with my cuzzin, I got 2 stretch, i turn my head i hear a like pullin/stretching sound in my neck, I try 2 move after and i Cant i got a pinched nerve in my neck or somthing went to the hospital, Got in trouble for screaming and cursing.. Im 16 so i was in the pediatrics.. So yeah i got x-rays and they said my bones r good, I think i messed it up in the weight room at school, I been benching 185.. Idk all i do know is my neck hurts like a mother fker!! Yeah hooch. I need 2 wear my helmet, as i was leaving the hospital I tripped getting out of the wheel chair getting into dads truck, They had me doped up on pain meds or sumthing, Im taking 800mgs of ibprofen and valume so im flyin.. Lol im going 2 lay on the heatin pad. Talk atcha later fellas

basscadetz said:

If you HAVE to wear one...you might as well wear one thats going to do some good :wink:

Burton have some nice crossovers:

b5080dcecf4f7cb356bef0a703631dba.gif
0b16bf59f53ab8a526b3bf6f6267b677.gif

¤ Features
Snow/Skate/BMX Crossover
Removable Goggle Clips (short & tall)
Removable Goggle Gasket
Injected ABS Shell
CSPC Skate / ASTM 2040 / CE 1077 Certified <---- Cops might look for CERT.

Good prices:

http://snowboards-for-sale.com/red_snowboard_helmets/

Hummm...I'm going to have to price out one of those BELL Drifters though!

Latest posts

Back