Help Identify this find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can you guys give me a hand with some info on this bike a friend found, I don't know anything about it. Thanks!

Oh man, someone just found one last year. Yellow too. Obviously a German import because of the head badge and 3-piece cranks. Outside that you probably won't find much info. My guess is some department store imported a few because they looked pretty wild, but not sold in big numbers. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Oh man, someone just found one last year. Yellow too. Obviously a German import because of the head badge and 3-piece cranks. Outside that you probably won't find much info. My guess is some department store imported a few because they looked pretty wild, but not sold in big numbers. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Thanks guys, I'll pass it on. If anything else pops up let me know, Thanks

Nice find! I had a girls Royal Sport I redid for the last MBBO!
DSCN1275.jpg

DSCN1819.jpg

DSCN1275.jpg

DSCN1819.jpg
Oh yeah I remember that bike Roadwarrior, that is a sharp bike, I wasn't aware it was a Royal Sport, I'll pass the pics on to my friend. This will help him try to restore his. Thanks.

DSCN1275.jpg

DSCN1819.jpg
Can you tell me what size bearings or races are used for the headtube and crank or what might interchange with it? Thanks

I'd try to make the originals work in the head tube. I'll bet there's 22 loose bearings per cup. I keep an empty bucket under them as I loosen them up to catch all of them. As for the cranks, they are probably loose bearings also, 12 each. I'd try to make the originals work after cleaning them up and lubing them up.

I did replace the head set but I don't remember the part number or size. You will have to measure and order accordingly. The bottom bracket was in very good condition so I just cleaned it up and reused it.

I'd try to make the originals work in the head tube. I'll bet there's 22 loose bearings per cup. I keep an empty bucket under them as I loosen them up to catch all of them. As for the cranks, they are probably loose bearings also, 12 each. I'd try to make the originals work after cleaning them up and lubing them up.
Not loose at all. I took this picture during my build.
20150920_191506.jpg

Just looking at the pic I'd guess it would be a standard 1". I'd grab a Wald #4080 and hope for the best.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-School-...859620?hash=item1c5d355164:g:1-AAAOSw8-tWU55z
Not loose at all. I took this picture during my build.
20150920_191506.jpg

Thanks guys, I'll pass on the info. The tubes look intact so the bearings and races should be able to clean up.

Thanks guys, I'll pass on the info. The tubes look intact so the bearings and races should be able to clean up.

Hey guys, i havent posted in awhile but I actually have two of the royal sport jet stars, they are hard to find and very fun to ride. Its a big bike, im 6"2 and it's comfortable to cruise from miles on. Cool find

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    282.8 KB · Views: 194

Latest posts

Back