Help locking down the year and possible make

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree on all the parts and ill just say its 40's....
However the headbadge isnt like that one, its literally the exact same shape as the Fleet Wing badge, down to the exact same stepped edges and such...

I agree on all the parts and ill just say its 40's....
However the headbadge isnt like that one, its literally the exact same shape as the Fleet Wing badge, down to the exact same stepped edges and such...
The thing with all the old bike companies is they would make the same frames and if someone bought x amount they would get their own headbadge made. Murray Ohio distribution made Sears jc Higgins etc etc schwinn had bf Goodrich among others cwc made bikes for a bunch of people. Rollfast Hawthorne and excelsior were all produced by j Snyder and dp harris in the 30s. I say badge it however you want brother and ride it.

The "w" inside the "C" indicates that this is Cleveland Welding Series 3, Which were manufactured from early '47 to mid '49. The "F" in your serial number indicates that your bike was manufactured some time around the middle of 1948. Some ratty CW truss rods MIGHT look pretty good on this bike.

Dang mark you the man....thats the kind of anal retentive detail i was hoping for!
...o and dont worry, a lucky 7 post has already been sourced and soon will be some cream tires and ratty truss rods.

The "w" inside the "C" indicates that this is Cleveland Welding Series 3, Which were manufactured from early '47 to mid '49. The "F" in your serial number indicates that your bike was manufactured some time around the middle of 1948. Some ratty CW truss rods MIGHT look pretty good on this bike.

This is why Dave Marko is awesome.

Lol you and me both....last night i ate dinner with the bike, had it sitting right next to me....sometimes i just sit and stare at it.

I keep mine in the bedroom, often times found eating dinner whilst seated atop her. I thought I was alone!!!:blush:

I don't know about family, but they have names and serve a variety of purposes.. [Miss Columbia and The Tortoise]

This is Thumb, one of my two cats... shes whats called a "Boston Thumb" Cat, due to having multiple digits, and tone of fur..
[from my reading it basically means East coast cat with many parents.]
She only likes Plush seats.
DirtyThumbonacleanseatbeforedroppingfender_zps8e90637d.jpg

Latest posts

Back