Help my friend identify his find?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friends bike who has just started to appreciate the hobby. He's got a number of popular vintage bikes refurbished and repros, and likewise unpopular ans unknown bike as follows...

bike 1
the Badge says SIRIUS CYCLE, any information you can share with this bike is highly appreciated. thanks much in advance! :D

m4.jpg

m6.jpg

bike 2
no badge...

m1.jpg

m3.jpg

Don't have any info on either one but that first one is very cool. I like the way the bar connects to the head tube on the second bike. I have seen Loop Tails before but this is the first Loop Head bike I have seen.

I was thinking the rear dropouts looked familiar on these 2 bikes. I was looking through my parts pile and saw a couple of bikes my brother gave me that have the same dropouts. The ones I have are marked Sturdee Bike and I think they were made in china. Hope this might help you find some info. I didn't have my camera with me but next time I will try to get a pic.

thanks all for your insights.. these bikes are really very strange, we need to trace the origin and make of these bikes.. and its original looks :D keep your insights coming, im sure somebody here will eventually unlock its identity....

That first bike is uber cool! It reminds me of how we used to heat up Pepsi bottles with a torch and stretch and bend the necks. I've seen alot of bikes but I guarantee you I've never seen anything like that. Tell your friend to clean it up and ride it, its going to be a real attention getter :)

a million tnx for all your concern in identifying my bike...and to roland for posting it in the forum...got one reply from a friend...that the second bike is a 1953-1959 VELUX BICYCLE...a japanese vintage..manufacatured by Fuji Bicycle Co...the first one(humpback frame)...he has also no idea...again..thanks...keep on riding....

Flame Jigger said:
I was thinking the rear dropouts looked familiar on these 2 bikes. I was looking through my parts pile and saw a couple of bikes my brother gave me that have the same dropouts. The ones I have are marked Sturdee Bike and I think they were made in china. Hope this might help you find some info. I didn't have my camera with me but next time I will try to get a pic.

I looked at the 2 Sturdee bikes I have and they are made in Japan. The rear dropouts look identical to the ones on these bikes. I would bet they are all made by the same company in Japan and were probably sold under several different brand names.

bike 1
the Badge says SIRIUS CYCLE, any information you can share with this bike is highly appreciated. thanks much in advance! :D

m4.jpg

Whatever that is, it's a SIRIUSly COOL CYCLE :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back