help please, Doubt on tire purchase

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help please, I'm in big doubt! I'm in the last phase of buying parts for my CWC Roadmaster. What are the advantages and disadvantages between these two tires: DURO 26x2.125 model diamond goodyer Schwalbe fat frank 26x2.350 white.

The Schwalbe tires are definitely wider so you need to make sure you have enough room between your forks and rear frame. I bought the Duro diamond tire for a bike. I do like them but they are squared off instead of rounding over like most tires do. If you're going for a more vintage look then get the Duro. Here's one of my bikes with a set of 26x2.35's, I don't remember what brand they are. I love the looks and beefiness of them but they barely fit and I can't run fenders.
Bike.jpg

[CITA = "Bike Bum, post: 1051887, member: 16505"]
[ATTACH = cheio] 55673 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]

THANK YOU FOR THE FRIEND HELP, MY BICYCLE IS A CWC ROADMASTER, I BELIEVE THAT I WILL NOT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH SPACE. I'M ALMOST DECIDING FOR THE FAT FRANK, I'M IN BRAZIL AND THE IMPORT DUTIES OF EUROPE ARE WELL MORE CHEAP!

Help please, I'm in big doubt! I'm in the last phase of buying parts for my CWC Roadmaster. What are the advantages and disadvantages between these two tires: DURO 26x2.125 model diamond goodyer Schwalbe fat frank 26x2.350 white.
The Fat Franks are pretty fat, but fit on my '41 Monark frame with deep Monark fenders.

Not to throw another tire in the mix, but if you have access to Continental, I really like the Retro Ride, and they come in this nice cream color too. Rounded tread profile is what you want, better clearance and corner and roll more smoothly, as well as being lighter weight.

Here is a Firestone Pilot with the Conti Retro Ride tires....

Firestone Pilot.jpg

I've ridden them all, and the Franks are my favorite. They're noticeably a better and faster ride and a higher quality tire.
Franks also have "k-guard" which helps prevent punctures. From experience, it works :)

Tripple3's CWC with Franks

9f7f8340b468e23b355a3db5ed518a0c-jpg-jpg.643475

Last edited:
I've ridden them all, and the Franks are my favorite. They're noticeably a better and faster ride and a higher quality tire.
Franks also have "k-guard" which helps prevent punctures. From experience, it works :)

Tripple3's CWC with Franks

9f7f8340b468e23b355a3db5ed518a0c-jpg-jpg.643475

Beautiful bike, where can I see more pictures of this jewel? Looks a lot like the final shape I want to lay out on my Roadmaster

I've got 'Franks on my 45 Roadmaster... they fit just fine!!!

Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to buy the fat beige:wink1:

Here's my Firestone Monark rat bike with the Fat Franks in cream. Rides great as others have said!

Faded Glory.jpg

They were brand new in this pic. Now after a year, they have a nice 'aged' yellowing going on and blend even better with the old patina of 'Faded Glory'....

Here's my Firestone Monark rat bike with the Fat Franks in cream. Rides great as others have said!

View attachment 56282

They were brand new in this pic. Now after a year, they have a nice 'aged' yellowing going on and blend even better with the old patina of 'Faded Glory'....

Without doubt the best choice, congratulations

Beautiful patina

Latest posts

Back