help - schwinn id and value please

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
added new tires and tubes , also added drop bars and cleaned her up some more - tuned the SA hub , shifts like a dream now - gonna add new brake pads and a rear rack set-up with bags tomorrow , setting her up as a commuter bike

Trying to figure out where to mount the SA shifter at on the drop bars ..... Anyone done this ? If so where did u put it that was easy to operate ? Can anyone advise me as to the color - so I can find touch up paint for the scratches , gouges , ect --- it must have had a hard life before it got to me , LOL

Last edited:
HOW HE LOOKS TODAY
002_zps651e044d.jpg

WHAT I DID WITH THE CONTROLS
003_zps9aab922d.jpg

Last edited:
spent some time with him this morning - tru'd the wheels up , did more cleaning , wrapped the bars, adjusted the controls, replaced the stem , ect.....

im still leaning bicycle mechanics - working thru manuals, dvd course , and trial and error ...also the you tube channels are a god send , they have helped me figure out alot .... this mornings venture of tru up the wheels is my first success at that task , feels good , gotta say .... 8)

- I MADE MY OWN TRUING STAND out of an old set of road forks , and wire ties , it works well, but a park one is what im looking to get , its on the xmas list , as well as a park stand

Last edited:
messing with that 1962 twin bar typhoon some today - the handlebar grips say schwinn approved- when did that begin ?

Schwinn approved means they bought them from an outside source. I don't think Schwinn ever made their own grips. Gary

Latest posts

Back