henderson tribute

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been working on this project for quite some time... the first incarnation
attachment.php

That didn't last too long, so I set all the parts up on a shelf over the summer, and last Monday I decided to dredge up the dead and bring it to school. The new design was a bit like the bsa build "goldy" over on motorbicycling has, and here is the cumulative progress of monday and Tuesday
182364_315669951872027_82387525_n.jpg

Then, as of Wednesday
picture.php

I decided to take a step off the beaten path here, and I made the top tubes from ½ inch square tubing.

On Thursday, I had one heck of a time getting the chunk I'm holding in the pic off of an old project one of the juniors failled at
picture.php

And on Friday, I got the final tube welded in and brought it home and had a rolling chassis.
picture.php

And today I bolted in my spare briggs motor to see what it looks like "filled out"
picture.php

Don't expect frequent updates over the next few days, because allmost all the work will be done at school so I can use the welders and all theother necicary tools to overhaul the engine.

The rear wheel is a bit of a headache, it has a puch moped hub and a regular bike rim. In all the pics, its just hobbknobbed together from a series of random spokes, and I'm going to bring it in to the bike shop and have it laced up with some heavy gauge spokes.

I'm trying to roughly imitate this bike here
2J8pEscbTgqSrNKFxoTS_3iizFbW0egEhrEAJp3zK5I

That's all, folks.

Ccd

Very cool... I love the hendersons.

For ages now, I have been thinking about doing a bicycle version of a 1912 Henderson like this...

Picture+117.jpg

Might just do it one day :roll:

Yours is looking great so far... looking forward to seeing more :D

D'oh! I wish I would've seen that 1912 henderson earlyer.. thanks glen! That might be up next, allthough I got a trick up my sleeve for a 4 cylinder...

No witty comments or anything today.
53f8d0c6761211e2996722000a9f18fe_7.jpg

But, I have a funny story. Today, as you can see, I had the motor clamped in it. And wheels on it. So, I started the motor and for jokes I had warren and sheldon push me down the hallway between classes with me working the throttle with a chunk of fishingline. Unfortunatly, the thing has the turning radius of a battleship so we had to go way far from mr.lindgren's shop, and I. Was laughing too hard to kill the engine. So, eventually we all got called down to the office. And, we were congratulated on "getting it moving under its own power". But, "the main hallway isn't exactaly the best place for speed runs.."

Remember, you are building a motorcycle, not a bicycle. Don't put suspension on it unless it's built properly. You will need brakes.

Beau, I'm using a drum break off of a moped and I might run a front drum if I can get.it spoked up. And I might use a regular set of forks for the firts few rides and test these out on a regular bike for a while *cough buildoff bike

that saw was one of the seniors' small gas engines project. it was an old mall two person saw, and that thing was LOUD!

ive made some significant progress, ill let the pic's do the talking for me.
tadaaa

close up on my jackshaft

motor

the frame

frame with motor

how everything sits back here

home made rope cup

still a work in progress

ccd

Latest posts

Back