Here is something you don't see everyday

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! Who is going to take out a home equity loan to buy a bike?

$(KGrHqR,!owFBYIR)G+FBQWz-ZOfmQ~~60_57.JPG

You could build a heck of a Muscle Car for that. Or maybe buy about 10 to 20 way cooler collectible bikes. $1000 more for shipping? Gimme a break.I just see more happiness being purchased differently elsewhere.

Just to put in perspective....
$42,000
$(KGrHqR,!owFBYIR)G+FBQWz-ZOfmQ~~60_57.JPG

$19,900
image-54.jpg

Call me crazy but I'd rather be rocking a Porsche and $22,000 in my pocket.

Bowden Spacelander. Nice original but way too high. The seller had a lot of ridiculously priced bikes including some Schwinn Sidewinders with incorrect parts for over $7K!

There were reproductions of these available in the early 90's too...

CeeBee said:
Quite ironic that it is being offered for sale by "Budget Bike Center". Who's budget? :roll:
They're named "Budget Bike" not "Low Budget Bike... :lol:

That seller has been the subject of discussion on this forum a number of times. The theory I like best is that he has a pretty extensive collection, but he's isolated and lonely. So he posts his collection on Ebay with exorbitant prices because he doesn't really want to sell them, just show them off.

I just roll my eyes and pity him. But to each his own I suppose.

I don't collect bikes and I know the Spacelanders are rare and famous,,,,,,,,,,, but $42K seems really, really high for one of these things.

I seem to recall them selling for around $15K in the past, and online you can find an eBay auction for one of the repros that sold for $5K.

Ratwagon said:
42k!!! WOW maybe this should be in the ugly bike thread
haha saw the 1st post and was about to say the same thing :lol:

I'll agree on the ugly part. There was a thread on the CABE about the Spacelander a while back. Most folks there agreed that the bike just doesn't have much appeal. Myself, I love anything from the early 1960's- that space age 'we're goin' to the moon' Jetsons style is my favorite. But the Bowden is just ugly. Besides- a fiberglass bike? Sorry, but no thanks.

JWM

I kinda like it, maybe put some 24x3 fat franks on it, nanner seat with tall sissy bar, rat trap or leaf spring springer, ape hangers, and maybe a frame swap.

Latest posts

Back