Here's How Us Old Guys Do It!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just a fun check in and post, because I haven't really posted in a while.

"Here's How Us Old Guys Do It", Well at least this Old Guy:bigboss:

Heading out on a Saturday Rod Run with my 47 Roadmaster in the back. Best of both worlds, so-to-speak, bikes and rods just go together!!!

attachment.php

Vince pair! I've always wanted a early Chevy or GMC glad to see a nice one still on the road.

Old guys rule, but they also chicken out, I know, I are 69. Our group ride tonight was at a hunt/fish camp on a private mb trail, posted as such. One guy, a 4 grade teacher, went down a big hill, a highway cut through a hill, with a big sand slump with a 15 foot drop at the top. These are our A riders so I thought I would go up and do it to. Wow, it had a big drop off at the top and and then it was really bumpy, something you could not see in the low light from the bottom. He went down and in the first 20 feet he crashed and wiped out. He did it again and made it to the bottom, except there was 90 degree angle at the bottom and he went over the bars and sprained his wrist. All the 9 other riders were giving me mixed messages, most saying don't. Others, the cruel ones, were egging me on. Several threatened to leave. They finally prevailed on me not to try as I was their only trauma certified rider and they would be forced to leave me in a heap if I crashed as they were incompetent in trauma care. I walked the bike down, no mean feat, to the last 1/8 of the cut and joined 2 others who were going down the last berm. I did it to, but it was more difficult than a novice expected. I put my weight back over the seat and the force of the bumps put my butt on the wheel and banged my family jewels. What was I ever thinking? I can't do this stuff anymore, hard to accept. We took a 230 degree F sauna after, which was a lot of fun, but I felt really defeated for not having a better grip on reality.

I like to think, as you get older you get wiser (at least that's the excuse). When I was in my 20-30's I thought me and my stuff was 10 foot tall and bullet proof. Now at this age I've realized both the expense and the discomfort to me and my stuff.

That's my story, and I'm stickin to it!:comando:

Nice pair.That looks like a 48-50 Chevy from the looks of door handles.Could be a Jimmy.Is it on an S-10 frame?

Latest posts

Back