Hey, it was free

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Got a message from some friends today that said they were cleaning out their garage and had an old Schwinn they wanted to get rid of and would I want it. Who says no to free bikes?
ereqe8a4.jpg

Nothing super special but it should clean up pretty good.

The old Schwinn paint and chrome was very good, it should look nearly new when you're done.

yeah, I think a good cleaning and some WD40 and steel wool will get this going good. The SA3 speed seem to work pretty well but I'll shoot some lube down the cable sleeve to keep it smooth. New brake shoes and maybe replace the cables and some new rubber and it should be back on the road.

Can't beat free!!

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

yeah, I think a good cleaning and some WD40 and steel wool will get this going good. The SA3 speed seem to work pretty well but I'll shoot some lube down the cable sleeve to keep it smooth. New brake shoes and maybe replace the cables and some new rubber and it should be back on the road.
I've had a couple old bikes that were kept in a garage that didn't need anything but some lube on the old cables. They were still good because they hadn't been out in the weather. It's possible the brake pads are still good too. Usually it's girls bikes that are in good shape, boys tend to tear up everything.

Latest posts

Back