HEY!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys my name is Justin and i am from Key West Florida where everybody rides a bike since it is a small island. I stumbled upoun your site about a week ago and find myself drawn back more and more to look at your killer creations. I have a bike that i have built out of other peoples trash and found it very satisfying. I have recently pulled another frame out of the old trash and am looking to somthing with it. here are some pics. the first is the I peiced from found parts,second is my recent find that i would like to stretch. Did i read something about clothes hangars and acetylene torches? anyways thanks for having me look forward to seeing more of your cool creations...later
IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

Welcome Justin!

I think you have another rat rodder near you in Key West...goes by the name of Poppa Wheelie on this forum...he builds awesome bikes.

Building bikes on the cheap is the way to go. Looks like you are having fun.

Looking forward to progress pics on your new find.

head light

I noticed on your boys bike a braket on the handle bars, if im not mistaken that holds a metal flashlight that doubles for a head light. dont throw it away. its made to be able to remove when you go away from your bike. like crawling around hidden caves looking for treasure or monsters..... im an old kid still!!! :wink:

well yes i am planning to chunk it. You see here in key west they are a stickler for having front and rear lights on your bikes too many tourists gettin creamed or somthing.People are very creative when it comes to mounting these lights i have seen duct tape,tie wraps ,hose clamps you name it. I think its like a 50.00 fine u.s. for not having them

Re: head light

jon said:
I noticed on your boys bike a braket on the handle bars, if im not mistaken that holds a metal flashlight that doubles for a head light. dont throw it away. its made to be able to remove when you go away from your bike. like crawling around hidden caves looking for treasure or monsters..... im an old kid still!!! :wink:

I got a NEW one in a bag if interested. I dont believe they are made anymore but they are not that uncommon.

Welcome, You have the right start, find them, build them and they will serve you well.

Latest posts

Back