Hg Quicksilver ~~~~~~FINISHED!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright here it goes, my FIRST build-off entry! I'm starting with a prewar Mercury (told it was most likely a 1936). Anyways, I have my mind set towards building a Klunker, hence "Mudcury". But this isn't your everyday klunker! This is going to be a military themed klunker!!!! My progress will be pretty slow with school and baseball but this will end up awesome!
Here's my starting point.
0658DC9F-886E-43F4-9CA0-D97D66703635-12662-000005DCD168FD83_zps18f996dd.jpg
[/url]

A little mock up to see what it would look like
BC658FB2-44BD-4308-BDC3-69CDF17F40BE-4792-000002C9CA8550EC_zps94f16736.jpg
2E20D544-9E91-4E8D-A631-FB7624D63C20-4792-000002C9CDCA4E50_zps3d6606df.jpg
[/URL]

I don't plan on using those handlebars, rims, tires, and stem...just using them to see if the bike would sit right as a klunker. Will post more pics of updates and new parts as it happens.

any suggestions on better names lol???

Alright fellow RRB-ers I am changing my plan for this bike. I'm not switching the frame just what I'm going to do with it, and the name! I will be changing the name to either Hg 80 or Hg Quicksilver! Why you ask? Well I've been looking at bikes on google and RRB and saw some pretty rad builds that were bikes that were bare-metal. I mostly saw elgin bikes done-up like that but I loved the way they looked! Anyways I know that Mercury, as an element is a beautiful silver color, like bare metal. So I'm naming it because Mercury's nickname is "Quicksilver" or because Mercury's periodic symbol is Hg and its atomic number is 80. So help me decide, "Hg Quicksilver" or "Hg 80"!!! I think people are going to really like the build this way.

Re: Mud-cury(not 100% sure about that name)

deorman said:
I'm just not sure! lol most people say naming them is the easiest part of it...not for me! I have like 5 names that I'm stuck on and I don't even like them that much :shock:

Another 1936 klunker? Nope, yours is a 1937 :mrgreen: :wink:

yoothgeye said:
Another 1936 klunker? Nope, yours is a 1937 :mrgreen: :wink:

Is it? I really don't know I couldn't find anything with the serial number...

deorman said:
Give him a break, Yoot. You know it's a '35. :|

:p :lol: :mrgreen:

Looks like a '38 now that I really look at it. 8)

Yep, mine is the oldest Klunker.

Here's the serial number if it helps you determine the date lol MD4828 here's the link of the frame before it was parted out

Vintagebikelover24 said:
deorman said:
I'm just not sure! lol most people say naming them is the easiest part of it...not for me! I have like 5 names that I'm stuck on and I don't even like them that much :shock:

Just call it "Freddie"

Mercury that is.

You could even have We Are The Champions as you theme song.

kingfish254 said:
Vintagebikelover24 said:
deorman said:

Just call it "Freddie"

Mercury that is.

You could even have We Are The Champions as you theme song.

That's a good one! Aha especially when I win :lol: :mrgreen: It may have to be Freddie

Love the frame by the way.
Mud-cury sounds like a dish you would eat along the banks of the River Ganges. :D
:p

Thank you kingfish! I'm pretty excited this is the oldest frame I've worked with and my first prewar frame! So I'm going all out....and yes the Mud-cury sounds very gross..it needs to change

kingfish254 said:
Love the frame by the way.
Mud-cury sounds like a dish you would eat along the banks of the River Ganges. :D
:p

Sounds more like what you would have after you ate that dish. :shock:

The Renaissance Man said:
I think the name is fine for what your building. Just drop the hyphen and it will read better.

MUDCURY :!:

Bingo!

The Renaissance Man said:
I think the name is fine for what your building. Just drop the hyphen and it will read better.

MUDCURY :!:

Okay I'll give it a shot and see if people read it better lol

Re: Mudcury(not 100% sure about that name)

Got some new parts! Pics will follow soon. Some new rims and tires, sprocket, stem, handlebars, pedals(maybe), crank(maybe)

The rear rim with needs a different freewheel, I'm going to go with a single speed I think

Latest posts

Back