Hi everyone, Just joined

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a member over at kustom cruisers site before it closed down. Looking around for a new group and found you guys. Looks like a cool site! I'm starting a new project for a daily cruiser for myself. I've built all kinds of bikes for my kids and a nice 61 schwinn debutante for my wife so now it's time for one for me! I have two frames to pick from, a 1939 culumbia mens bike which looks like a middleweight, and a heavyweight columbia womans bike with springer front. I'm leaning towards the womans bike because it will fit the tires I want to use and it has a springer. I was going to cut out the top parallel tube and weld in a mens curved top bar with a straight bar beneath it to make it a mens straight bar bike which is the style I'm looking for. I was planning on having it pc'd flat black with maybe candy red shorty fenders or maybe just flat black fenders. I have a set of high rise bars for it and a nice brown leather seat and matching grips. Oh the best part is I'm running a nexus 8 speed hub with roller brake! I'd post pics here but I'm not sure how and I don't have them hosted.

hi.gif

Welcome !

Thanks everyone! Xddorox, this isn't a new addiction for me, I've been doing this for a few years. If I could post some pictures I'll show you some of my bikes. I have to get them hosted first though. Thanks again for the welcoming everyone!

OK, let's try this..........
First pic is the womans columbia I'm leaning towards
Second pic is the mens 39 columbia frame
Third is the wifes bike, a 1960 Schwinn Debutante.

P9240030.jpg

P9240011.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

Hmmm, looks like I do not have any pics of the swing bike I built, I'll have to snap a couple when I get a chance (it's hard though because I can't get the kids off of it!). Here's a picture of another future project bike though...........

DSC00315.jpg

John,

you have a lot of tallent!!
Those are some seriously cool builds!

NOTE;

when you are in Photobucket and you want to post a Pic....
CLICK on the bottom code,

The one that says "IMG code"

cut and paste that one in the Body of your message here...and
the Picture will appear, versus the links that appears now.

once again,
great Rides.

peace,
Kev.

Thanks for the photobucket tip clothspin, this is my first time using it! And thanks for the compliments too! Here's a pic of my totally ratty swap meet cruiser, yup that's an Jesse James tank on it! When I got this bike it had poison ivy vines growing all over it which all had to be cut to be removed. It also had one of those wooly toilet seat covers over the seat as extra padding but the toilet seat cover had green mold growing on it! It was really gross! The back tires I put on it are front OCC sting ray tires and the front is just a blackwall cheapy. It's a columbia and it has a working 3 speed, I love this trike!

DSC00314.jpg

Yes Randy,
That's about the only place I've posted the pics. I think I may have posted one on BR&K once upon a time too. I remember you from KC though.

OK, here's the latest addition to my swap meet 3 wheeler........
I rode this bike for 7 hours straight this past Saturday!

IMG_0149.jpg

Latest posts

Back