Hi from Canada

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Driver Bob from Windsor Ontario, just south of Detroit. Been lurking a while but scored a bike today that means I can legitimately post here.

I've kind of come around full circle with today's purchase. When I was a kid I stripped down my first bike to build a "tracker" and then went though BMX to mountain bikes, first rigid, then front suspension, then full suspension and now back to rigid single speed.

Living next to The Motor City means that there are plenty of classic cars around and I've been looking for a while now to find a "project" bike to cruise the neighborhood on. Today Kijiji came up trumps (I think).

Sold as a 1942 Schwinn (though I'm not sure that's true). Everything is straight, tires are Carlisle Indian Head Lightning's, rear hub is a New Departure, BB and cranks are Schwinn. She's been repainted two-tone metallic purple/green which is in okay shape but not great.

Seller says he cleaned up the chrome, and it's pretty solid. It was his neighbors dads bike. He had tooled around on it for the summer but now it was taking up space in his garage. My plan is to strip her down over the winter and see what happens.

So if anyone has any idea what the frame really is I'm open to suggestions....

and the username: I worked at a Pizza restaurant way back when. Two Bobs worked there, one was a waiter and one was the delivery driver. When anyone asked for "Bob" the stock answer was "Waiter Bob or Driver Bob" and it's been my name ever since.

Cheers for now

DB

729214d1349741617-show-off-your-vintage-ss-rigs-schwinn.jpg

I'm fairly new here myself but welcome to the forum Bob. Nice looking bike you have there, I do like those double spring forks.

P.s You hit lucky with the name. "Driver Bob" sounds cooler than "Waiter Bob"! :lol:

Will

Latest posts

Back