Hi from Chicago!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I think I registered for this site before, maybe 10 years or so ago, when I purchased my first rat, a '56 Columbia Torpedo.

Unfortunately, things change, and now I regrettably have to part with it. But I know it's going to be in good hands with another RRB member.

Between then and now I have worked on tons of old Schwinn lightweights, mostly 70s bikes, including the '76 Superior I ride today. I have also helped a relative with a Columbia middleweight tandem; those pictures deserve their own thread.

I am eager to participate more once I find the space and time to do so. I am looking for a Schwinn Varsity with downtube shifters for a beater.

Anyways, I hope to sell my Columbia and a few other bikes and get enough space for my next project!

Last edited:
Hi,
I think I registered for this site before, maybe 10 years or so ago, when I purchased my first rat, a '56 Columbia Torpedo.

Unfortunately, things change, and now I regrettably have to part with it. But I know it's going to be in good hands with another RRB member.

Between then and now I have worked on tons of old Schwinn lightweights, mostly 70s bikes, including the '76 Superior I ride today. I have also helped a relative with a Columbia middleweight tandem; those pictures deserve their own thread.

I am eager to participate more once I find the space and time to do so. I am looking for a Schwinn Varsity with downtube shifters for a beater.

Anyways, I hope to sell my Columbia and a few other bikes and get enough space for my next project!
Where abouts in Chicago are you?

Latest posts

Back