Hi from east TN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I recently got back into bikes as a way to spend time with my son as well as get some fresh air and exercise. I had an old team Murray USA bike when i was a kid and then moved on to skateboards and mountain bikes as a teenager. I rode around in college on a 20" mongoose for a while. I got into rat bikes via classic car shows with my Dad. Rat bikes are a cheaper, more enviro-friendly way of feeding my wrench-turning jones. I recently got a cheap big-box cruiser that I'm starting to tweak to my taste, but the big reason I dig bikes is the ability to ride w/ my son and feel the freedom of cruising around and seeing whats around the next curve. Thanks for letting me hang and I hope to pick up a few things along the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0887.JPG

Here's a shot of my bike. It's a 26" Kulana cruiser. I removed all the decals from it except for the one on the front because I thought it looked cool. It's cheap, but it rides good. Going to start off w a new seat and maybe some new pedals. I also removed the front fender as well. I left the back one because I don't like having a skunk stripe of road grime up my back on wet days! Eventually I'd like to put some fatter tires and maybe some new bars. Feedback or ideas would be appreciated! Thx

Welcome! That's a great color.

Excellent! I stated riding again last year when I got my little boy his first bike. Love that Kulana. I've been trying to find an excuse to get one.

Excellent! I stated riding again last year when I got my little boy his first bike. Love that Kulana. I've been trying to find an excuse to get one.

Its a good bike for the $$$. Ive made a few tweaks to it, but nothing major. Solid frame. Comfortable ride for just cruising the sidewalk and patrolling the parking lots![emoji6] I will probably start making some more drastic mods when the weather gets cold and can't ride as much.

I just moved to Knoxville in April after more than 20 years in Phoenix. I can't wait to start riding more here as soon as we get more settled into our new house.

Here's some picks of completed bikes and some projects in my new work space. We ended up with a four-car garage when we bought our new house here. Since I doubt I'm ever gonna have four cars, I guess I'll need more bikes.:grin:

Attachments

• '81WebcoEmory.jpg
    '81WebcoEmory.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 197
  • TyroneWorkSpace.jpg
    TyroneWorkSpace.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 79Emory.jpg
    79Emory.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 202
I just moved to Knoxville in April after more than 20 years in Phoenix. I can't wait to start riding more here as soon as we get more settled into our new house.

Here's some picks of completed bikes and some projects in my new work space. We ended up with a four-car garage when we bought our new house here. Since I doubt I'm ever gonna have four cars, I guess I'll need more bikes.:grin:

Nice bikes! Welcome to Knoxville. What area do you live in?

Hey Sparkey,

We live in the Cedar Bluff area right behind the Cedar Springs Presbyterian church off of Kingston Pike.

Latest posts

Back