Hi from Utah

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been lurking this forum for a couple weeks now and I figured it was about time that I join and decloak.

My bike isn't a ratrod, It's a brand new Electra Beach cruiser. I bought an Electra for my teenage daughter earlier this summer and fell in love with the retro look so much that I went down and odered 2 more for my wife and I!

This is the first bicycle I've owned since I got my drivers license more years ago than I wanna admit and moved on to cars and motorcycles.
Not being the type of guy to leave well enough alone I went online looking for ways to customize my machine and ran across this site. Needles to say... thanks to you guys I'm now looking for and old bike to turn into a ratrod! Until I find a worthy candidate I'll be tinkering with the Electra. The UPS guy should be delivering my new Head and tail lights tomorrow and I just scored a set of saddlebags (meant for a horse) on Ebay that I'm gonna try to modify to fit the rear rack on my bike.

Dennis

welcome and dont worry rat rod bikes take on all forums. toss some apes on and there ya go for now at least. just be warned rat bikes are infectious once you build one it never stops. welcome my friend!

Welcome aboard..

Your from Moab,
"The Land of Slick Rock"

we need Photo's of you Riding the Rock on The Tricked out Electra..:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Electra is making some of The Nicest Styled Cruisers Today,
and well Built!!!!

Post up Photo's of That Beauty!

peace,
Kev.

i thought the same thing when he said he was from utah. turn that electra into a clunker.

Yes, Moab is mountain bike Mecca... but I'm gonna keep the Electra on the pavement. I spent plenty of time on the slickrock in my younger days with 2 wheels and a motor and i don't think these old knees could take the beating anymore. In fact I've lived my entire adult life with a bum knee that resulted from a spill on Slickrock bike trail back when it was a motorcycle only trail. Bent the forks on my suzuki and had to hobble back to town with only one working leg and a bike that mostly made right turns.

Maybe if all this bike riding puts me in better shape some sort of mountain rat bike is in my future to hit the dirt roads on, but I'll leave the hardcore stuff to the young bucks. I'm probably old enough to be most of y'alls father. My oldest kid just turned 28.

Karfer, I notice from your avatar that you must be into V-Dubs. When i was a kid my Dad had a company that manufactured fiberglass dunebuggy bodies and in highschool I built myself a nice little Baja Bug with a 2180 in it. EMPI sure made some sweet wheels back in the day.

Anyways thanks for the warm welcome guys, this site is the bestest!

Dennis

Welcome to Ratdom.....The Electra was my beggining too.

I took a couple of spring break trips down there for the MTB on slick Rock and other places. Amazing place and very beautiful.

cool a fellow ratter into vws as well. empi made some great stuff back in the day. too bad they got bought out and now most of it is garbage.

Welcome to the site, Alot of the guys discuss cars on here too. Welcome again cant wait to see pics.

Latest posts

Back