Hi. I'm Big John and I'm a bike-a-holic.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Texas native here. 38, married, 3 boys.
Likes......anything with wheels, girls with tattoos and Diet Dr. Pepper.
Dislikes......modern "rap", mean people and old jokes.

I work in the pipeline industry so I use profanity (not alot though). I wear socks with my Crocs and my favorite pair is orange. I don't smoke. I generally go to bed around 8:30pm unless I'm working a nite shift. (then I take a nap around 12:30am until shift relief) I'm not Texas Big John from Houston. I met him at a swap meet in the Heights (nice guy). I'm from Sour Lake. I recently lived in Vegas for a couple of years and left there with high hopes of returning. My boys and I race BMX. We all have race bikes, park bikes, OS bikes and, of course, our rats. We like bikes. Yesterday I took our family to Galveston to ride the seawall. Here is what we rode.....

Youngest...
DSC07742.jpg

Middle boy...
DSC07751.jpg

Oldest son...
DSC07752.jpg

Wife...
DSC07756.jpg

Me....well, I rode my Big Pig Worksman HD plant bike. Bone stock. Butt Ugly. Building her soon.

I haven't met any people through biking that I haven't liked. I'm thankful for that. Great people. Great Hobby.

I've been cruising this site for a while now. You guys rock. I've learned alot. Hopefully I will be able to contribute to this community.

Thanks for dropping by!-Big John

Thanks guys!

Fireproof, That is indeed a "mini" cow bell on my youngest one's bike. It is there to keep away the road gremlins. Send me your addy and I'll get one out to ya. I've heard that those West Coast gremlins are way outta control. :wink:

If any of you are ever this way to ride, I always have room for guests.

-Big John

hey,
is this Big John from Atlanta?

if so, welcome!

its Adam. i bought a red schwinn racer from you, if its you....

either way, welcome!

welcome big john! should be some more swap meets comin` up,hope to see you there! :) you think your a bike-a-holic now, just wait till you get inspired by the builders here! :wink: i learn something new everyday! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back