Hi, I'm very new

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only qualifications are that I can ride a bike and turn a wrench fairly well. I just bought a 1960s Western Flyer on ebay, and I'm looking forward to fixing er up and doing some mods. I don't weld but want to learn.

I had Schwinns when I was growing up in the 1960s/early 70s, but never had a Schwinn muscle bike, if I remember right I had a Ross with a really wide banana seat which had me walking pigeon toed for years.

I'm also into old cars, the current cars in my driveway/carport include a 1967 Cougar XR7 289/4 speed, a 1964 Mercury Park Lane convertible, and for the other wagon lovers on here, a 1969 Mercury Colony Park wagon with a 429 (affectionately known by me as the BUSS 429). I'm also in the process of restoring a 1962 Shasta Airflyte camper, and I figured I also need a couple old classic bikes for my wife and I to use when camping - pretty logical, huh? :D

I found this forum last week and have been drooling over the builds by you folks here, very impressive stuff. I also hang around on the HAMB, and I've seen some other HAMB members who are also into bikes.

So anyway, my real name's Barry, but here you can call me Nitcat. I'm in Northern Virginia near DC, originally from central Pa., but my father was born up there in NW Canada in 1921 where his family homesteaded, so it's been fun to see some posts from all the Canadian enthusiasts here.

Not clear yet on how to post an image, but here's the link to the ebay bike I just won - the basket will come off as soon as the bike arrives! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=300099320128&rd=1&rd=1[/img]

Welcome Barry !
Hot Rod cars and bikes, you'll do just
fine here !!
grin.gif

The coolness that oozes out in your intro is most likely
a Geene you have from the North West Canadian D.N.A.
swirshing around in your Body. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That was a great intro...
Post up some pic's of your Ride's in the Car Thread.
1969 Mercury Colony Park wagon with a 429

That's a seriously Big Longroof!!
I love my Longroofs Nitcat!

I have a 1960 Ford Ranch Wagon...done in a Traditional
late 50's early 60's Style.

60longroof is my HAMB Login name...

keep the posts coming Barry.....this is a great place to be,

peace,
Kev.

Welcome aboard! Nice bike there, sounds like it will make a cool package camper/cool station wagon/rat bike....

Any photos of the trailer resto?

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Kev, I would LOVE to have your 60 Ford wagon, I love the lines of that car.

In my profile I provided a link to my wagon, but I'll try to post some pics of my four-wheel rides soon.

I'll also try to post some shots of the Shasta for those interested. I haven't been able to work on it much lately but this summer I want to get a lot done with it, and it needs a little bit of everything.

welcome!

Thats an awesome western flyer man! Can't wait to see some better pictures of it, it should be an awesome ride. I've got a galaxy flyer that is really similar to yours. Here you can see a picture of a tank that I got from ebay. The chrome tank is orginally for a "golden flyer" and its got two headlights, but it fits my frame perfectly.

~cheers

Man, I love that tank on your bike! I'm so new I haven't figured out yet how to tell if a part from another bike will fit mine, but just looking at yours and others will improve my knowledge over time. I can see how looking at odd parts and bikes will give me plenty of ideas for my bike. Can't wait to get it delivered and start working on it.

Latest posts

Back