Hi, new guy here. Check out my 2 wheelers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold this one a while back. It was really nice, Not so much a rat but sorta. Nice 2 stage bronze paint 24" wheel in back with Nirve tire and Schwinn 26"er in front. New owner has taken the bike to Bonneville, that's pretty cool, I only took it to the local bar!

sikkle2.jpg

sikkle1.jpg

sikkle3.jpg

My latest is this Hawthorne, not as easy to date as a Schwinn, but I think it's a '49 or 50? mmmmmaybe?! Anyway, it has 24" wheels front and rear with Nirve fattys. I'm going to put red line Thick Bricks on soon. The rear hub is the original "blackout" New Departure disc style hub with skip tooth sprocket that I laced into the 24" rim. Anybody else ride with one of those old hubs (they will not lay a good skid no matter what, then again, a 41 year old guy doesn't need to do that, right?)?

hawta.jpg
hawt.jpg

Thanks. The bars are off of an old exercycle I found at the Salton Sea in Cali. I had the pedals from the same contraption on there for quite a while too. That is, until, the rubber blocks just fell off one day! ha

Sweet rides, the plate on the Schwinn is a nice touch - I like it

Details on the lo-o-o-o-ow truck in pics?

welcome aboard too.

-Mp

:eek: Nice truck Jeem! I was sittin on the can reading Jan '06 of Classic Trucks and low and behold your truck article. Nice work , must be nice to drive it after 6 years in the making.

Latest posts

Back