Hi!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody,
I'm participating in the build-off and had the pleasure to 'talk' to some of you already, but I thought it's time I properly introduce myself.
I earn a living as an AV-technician. I'm from the Netherlands, so I've always been cycling. Before my wife and I had kids we'd go on cycling trips through Belgium and France.
Got my first cruiser at the age of 4/5, a purple beachbike style thing, you could remove the uppertube and then it was a girls bike.
Around 1990 I converted my Panasonic MTB to a cruiser with a big seat and wide homemade handlebars. That's also when american style beachbikes started coming to Europe. I bought a purple one (again), but I think it's been red and baby-blue, before I traded it away.
Finding an old crappy frame a few months ago got me excited again ; )
I bought a 70 chopper before we had kids, both my boys have been riding it. Two years ago I bought a Raleigh Chopper, which I'm working on now, my oldest son rides it.

379374668_d8ac1f992c.jpg

Besides bikes I like to make my own longboards and skate on them, I'm a bit of a collector: old videogames, vintage Star Wars action figures, Big Jim dolls, design chairs, junk : )
And I like to take pictures, nothing fancy. Oh yeah, I used to play records a lot, but I'm too busy nowadays, I still listen a lot of indierock and I (try to) play drums in a band, we perform every now and then.
That's about it. Nice meeting you guys (that's also for galls : )

Easy

what kind of materials do you use to make your longboard decks? Is it very expensive to do? I've got a decent longboard and it is a ton of fun to go cruise around on. Its very relaxing to go out on a warm night and kick around empty parking lots.

cheers

now we know why the "Easy Skywalker" name is here... :lol:

great intro,
I too collect weird stuff...
And I was a Skate Boarder years ago,
but I'd love to get a Long Board..
They look so fun..

Peace,
Kev.

Latest posts

Back