hidden in the garage

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I have failed to update the buidling on this bike from the begining to now.
I have had craiugslist luck :D and deals on parts (thanks guys) to get it were it is now.
I think the best part(s) of the bike are the j.c. higgins skip tooth wheel set and chain guard.
so here is a quick break-down.....

bike.jpg

girly
to:

bikepics7.jpg

bikepics6.jpg

frame looks twisted
then:

101_0071.jpg

101_0070.jpg

paint stripped and rack added
And now.....

050_zpsc354660b.jpg

053_zps83812a61.jpg

052_zpsf6964cfa.jpg

054_zps981b102c.jpg

I had a chance to put my dyno in the background^ :D

It all began with me begging my dad for us to build a chopper/low rider... and one day one of his employies was selling some of his bikes and my dad sent me a picture of it. I told him to buy it. The first thing we did was cut the frame to lower and rake it, but with the welding and cutting, it ruined the nice blue with light purple mteal flake paint (with I loved). So I decided to strip the paint so I could rust it. Soon after building the bike, I was searching on google "old vintage bicycles" and ran apon a picture of a nice J.C. Higgins. I clicked the picture and came to this website and joined the site...... and after than came the serious building fun! 8) ... I can get more recent pictures of the rust ( a lot more)

Latest posts

Back