BO15 High Plains Drifter (The Finish Line)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You gotta go with the color changing pedals with that purple fur.

instagram algorithm has suggested a few paint schemes to me based on my build (I guess). Dirtybiker on Instagram is currently building a bike for the Born Free show. Nice purple fades. Most likely what I will do. I had a custom purple that I mixed for a custom Hot Wheel I made, but I won’t be back to Colorado where I planned to finish the bike (where my airbrush kit is). So I’m gambling with rattle can purple fades.
7F4A13BA-CBB9-4AF6-AAAE-52B7769B9698.jpeg
747DC342-EE22-4D41-B8C6-A21DD2F9C802.jpeg

instagram algorithm has suggested a few paint schemes to me based on my build (I guess). Dirtybiker on Instagram is currently building a bike for the Born Free show. Nice purple fades. Most likely what I will do. I had a custom purple that I mixed for a custom Hot Wheel I made, but I won’t be back to Colorado where I planned to finish the bike (where my airbrush kit is). So I’m gambling with rattle can purple fades. View attachment 129971View attachment 129972

Not much of a purple person, but I can enjoy some cool purple from time totime. Like vintage Mopar Plum Crazy. LOL
I like that purple and white panel paint on that roadster. Probably more work laying out the lines than doing a fade.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Not much of a purple person, but I can enjoy some cool purple from time totime. Like vintage Mopar Plum Crazy. LOL
I like that purple and white panel paint on that roadster. Probably more work laying out the lines than doing a fade.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I don’t mind doing some panel or scallop type work. I would probably prefer more defined lines than a fade. I’m going to do a practice fade on a piece of pipe and see if I like it.

I get the reference of your build name to the locale. But with the influx of purple and your other '60s kinds of influences, maybe "Purple Haze" would work as a name. :grin: You're building this in Colorado, right? :bigsmile:

Can't wait to see the paint!

purple haze.jpg

I get the reference of your build name to the locale. But with the influx of purple and your other '60s kinds of influences, maybe "Purple Haze" would work as a name. :grin: You're building this in Colorado, right? :bigsmile:

Can't wait to see the paint!

View attachment 130032
I thought purple haze for a name also. I love Jimmy. I hope to have paint on the bike by next week. I’m currently in Kansas remodeling a house to put up for sale. I shouldn’t even be building a bike but chose to instead of tossing a bunch of parts in to storage. Thanks for your interest and input. More to come!

Never thought about black to purple. I like!
If you look at the rod you posted, the fade is to a darker purple. The white is actually a border. Black is just a step further. And since we're playing the name game...
61yDL6yMISL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Who knows, might be able to get a sponsorship!

Latest posts

Back