Highcycle

I know this is a build and may better fit under builds but this section motivated me to buy the darn thing and I miss the activity in this section soooo, here's a little bump.

After seeming all the cool fat bikes here I wanted one for myself but as a tall bike. ever since I ridden one I have been a fan of them. Although I don't care personally for the double frame style you normally see. Although easier to do it just fells sloppy to me. ( that's just me , no offense to double frame tall bike riders :D ) Luckily I didn't encounter any problems some other people have such as cross threaded BB's or poor seating tires. As expected it was grease free but what ever... Gonna tear it apart before I actually ride it. Once it arrived I mocked it up real quick to get a size ref to my current bike.
Yeah it finally arrived!

Mock up next to my current tall bike.

After the size comparison was finished I quickly started planning its facelift. Haha... Lift(pun intended)

A bit further into the planning stage

Splitting the fork for extension .

If you have never bent tubing before and you think you're gonna do it like this.... You're gonna have a bad time!

Starting to tack this puppy together.

It's been raining around here a lot, which has hampered progress on this project but hopefully next weekend will be more productive.

Dec 31, 2012
Brighton, MI
May I suggest getting a better set of rubber for those wheels as the tires that comes on them are not that great and may offer rolling resistance of a type you don't want in a tall bike.

Dec 31, 2012
Brighton, MI
Tattoosbyalbert said:
dracothered said:
May I suggest getting a better set of rubber for those wheels as the tires that comes on them are not that great and may offer rolling resistance of a type you don't want in a tall bike.
A new set are already in a UPS/FedEx truck somewhere headed this way!
So you already figured that one out... :mrgreen:

This forum as helped out a lot with certain aspects of this bike. Having only built one other bike with zero experience with fabrication,tube notching and only a knowledge base of welding obtained from extensive reading online (0 actual welding) I learned much as I went along. This bike I'm still learning a lot in regards to frame building (ie; I need to spend a little more time making sure my notched in my tubes all line up properly before I weld them up lol. All in all I'm am not destined to be a famous frame builder but this keeps me outta trouble and is hella fun. 8)

Had some free time so was able to work on this a bit.
Orig rear triangle wasn't working as I needed it too so I decided to make my own

Turned the rear drop outs from horizontal adjustment to a more vert one

Getting it all lined up on my modist Lil jig

Time to mount on my frame

In the "finishing " stage of the frame for this bike and there seems to be nothing too note worthy about that so here is a look at this beast shoes. I saw how a few people here have stripped and polished their rims and thought it looked pretty sharp. I wanted to take that idea in a slightly different direction and I am pleased with the outcome.

Laced back up and next to its stock counter part for comparison.

Members online

The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles