Hiya rats!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals my names Chris, Im 25 live in lenexa, KS, a constuction worker by trade and do some artwork for friends bands, local t-shirt companies, etc... from time to time. I am currently waste deep in my first bike build... Ive been wanting to build a bike for a while now and this forum with its numerous, rediculously classy bikes has singlehandedly got me off my laurels and into the garage!

The bike I am building right now is kind of a hodge podge of misfits, but I think they are meshing nicely thus far. Im using an old huffy cruiser frame, but have swapped the headtube out for a circa 70s schwinn roadbike headtube(to accomodate the amount of rake i wanted), Im also using the forks, brakes and front wheel off the schwinn(Prolly sacrilage cutting up that old schwinn :roll: ). Ordering a hairpin saddle and a couple other doo-dads to detail it out. Im painting it in a fashion that seems to be pretty popular around these parts, flat black, gloss red, maybe a lil white for some extra contrast. All rattle can naturally.

Ill be posting pics after I bother to figure that out, stay tuned should be some sickness real soon!

BTW, does the whole painted whitewalls thing work or is it just crafty rubbish?

Got some pics o the progress

Comin along, dont know if you can tell much from the pictures...

Should be finished within another week or so depending on how busy I am. Next set of pictures will be of the finished product.

Also thanks for the warm welcome gents! Great forum! :mrgreen:

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Ya...If anyone knows what i did wrong let me know, tried to follow Ratrods instructions that were in the gallery but posted wrong link or something.

Welcome to the site Chris. Hope you come to my bike show and swap this coming sunday.Independence isn't that far. Check the events forum, Peddlers bike show and swap.

I fixed the problem.

When you are on the Photobucket site looking at your Album....click one time in the field labeled "IMG Code" below the thumbnail image.

Come back to your post here on the forum and paste that into the body of your post.

The links you were posting were not the right ones.

Let me know if you still have trouble. :wink:

Thanks, I figured there was a secret handshake for those pics :)

Almost done with painting, hopefully I can find the odds and ends I need at ricks show this wekend

Hey Chris , nice meeting you and chris today, look forward to talking more tomorrow at the show and swap. Talk to you then Rick

Latest posts

Back