hola from KC, MO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fast eddie here, im in kansas city, missouri. i build, ride, and sometimes race gravity speed bikes. i build/ride recreational streetuges. im a member of a bike club here in kansas city called The Spokesmen, we include vintage cruisers, rat rods, custom, stretches, chops, lowriders, all the bikes not included in typical road bike, bmx, or mtb clubs. ill post some pics here, sometime, im just gonna browse the site for a while right now, good to be aboard, fast eddie outty

welcome to the forum my friend. gravity racing huh? you mean like downhill mountian bikes? my co worker is big into that i think his 9 inch travel rig is insane. again welcome and cant wait to see what you have done.

gravity bikes dont have pedals, so we have to get hauled to the top of the mountain then we race downt the paved roads, here isa pic of a g-bike i finished this weekend, gotta few more in the works. i bolt on barbells cuz heavier is better in gravity sports, im gonna put a pic of my rat rod up too, its very ratty! still a work in progress, its hard to find time to work on my projects nowadays, but hers a few of em ive had some fun with, fast eddie outty

FEGB41.jpg

ratrod11.jpg

scooter2.jpg

FEGB2.jpg

cafebike2.jpg

Welcome Eddie.
Did you by chance come down to Wichita/Haysville for the Midwest Bike Fest last year with the Spokesman? This years date is Sept 30th. See the link in my signature.
I am contemplating whether to come up and ride with the Spokesman in your St Pattys day parade.

BTW I had to remove the "/" from the end of your myspace link for it to work.

thanx, ill take off the slash. john butler was talkin about the hayes parade, we're gonna talk about parades at our monthly meeting. john does the st patricks but as far as i know the club is not entering. i think at the meeting today we're gonna decide which kc parades to involve the club in for 08, i cant stand last minute planning! we'll also decide how we're gonna do our online communication and promotion. we're still less than 6 months old so we're still gettin it all together. i havent done the hayes event you were talkin about, think john took an old bike out there and won an award for it last year, i could be remembering wrong. im anxious to ride but the weather just isnt cooperating! fast eddie outty

Welcome aboard fast eddie

Mmmmm - gravity bikes!

After we saw this issue of BMXA, my friends and I built our own GPV's:

gpv1ww1.jpg

But living on the prairies, our options were somewhat limited when it came to hills suitable for riding.

Good times tho'

-Mp

wow very cool you dont see that type of thing too often anymore. the one with the black mags is very cool with a farring and all. is the bottle filled with weight ballist? you guys dont by chance have any videos of the action do you?

Eddie it was actually a bike "festival" not a parade. It was in Haysville a suburb of Wichita. Yes Jon was here and I remember a Rick and Lou and the lowrider guys. Hope you all can make it this year. http://midwestbicyclefest.com

Let me know when you guys get an online presence and I'll promote it.
Down here we just recently started considering ourselves a club. We are now the "Coasters".

welcome. dude, that looks soo dangerous, it could almost be fun!!
reminds me of my downhill motorless go kart days and modified big wheel mayhem, tricycle frontend with rubber tire for better control, plywood and 2 by 6 lengthened frame and good ole plastic big wheels in back for my sliding pleasure. good times, thanks for bringing me back.

i really like anything built to go down hills, when i was a kid we'd take apart wagons, old lawnmowes, whatever, and ride em downhills. i never grew out of it! there are some videos i think on http://www.gravitybike.com somewhere, i post there alot but i dont remember where the videos are. the lead pipe was filled with lead buckshot-i built that bike to breakdown and fit inside 2 suitcases for a race in california in 2003, it was fun but not a preferable set up, but ALOT of fun to ride! ill check out the bike fest, that looks cool, fast eddie outty

That is insane. Might have to build one with the BMX frame I have hanging around. Welcome t0 the board.

Latest posts

Back