BO15 HOMEMADE SHINE has a totally different look!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Tim, unless you modify the frame, how will this meet the Class II requirements? Asking for a friend. :wink1:

I'm not Tim but...

Class 2: Anything Goes
This class has no restrictions on frames and forks. Can be completely fabricated from scratch or heavily modified factory frames…feel free to go crazy!

That's it. Nothing requiring modification, says it CAN be.... ...feel free to go crazy!
That said, It is a beauty and I'd enter it here in class one too. You do have that "one time swap" option available. But it's your bike and all the options are yours.

GC.

Hey Tim, unless you modify the frame, how will this meet the Class II requirements? Asking for a friend. :wink1:
It doesn't say that I HAVE to modify the frame. Just says "no restrictions" and "CAN be (completely) fabricated or (heavily) modified". Doesn't have to be. It also says: "Anything goes".

Here is how it is worded:
"Anything goes. This class has no restrictions on frames and forks. Can be completely fabricated from scratch or heavily modified factory frames…feel free to go crazy!"

I am "going crazy" by using one of those dreaded "girl's bikes"!

:grin:

Last edited:
I do have a crusty tank from an Elgin step thru curved seatpost 30's era bike. Has all its guts too.
IMG_20200616_111251001.jpg
IMG_20200616_111310539.jpg
IMG_20200616_111322838.jpg
It'll need stripped and repainted for sure. PM me your digits and I'll send it to you.

GC.

Last edited:
I'm not Tim but...

This class has no restrictions on frames and forks. Can be completely fabricated from scratch or heavily modified factory frames…feel free to go crazy!

That's it. Nothing requiring modification, says it CAN be.... ...feel free to go crazy!
That said, It is a beauty and I'd enter it here in class one too. You do have that "one time swap" option available. But it's your bike and all the options are yours.

GC.
You beat me to that one, Carl! By 2 minutes!
I'm not Tim but...

GC.
I already swapped once. Remember that Petty blue Huffy Dragster frame?

Last edited:
Read the rules. It doesn't say that I HAVE to modify the frame. Just says "no restrictions" and "CAN be (completely) fabricated or (heavily) modified". Doesn't have to be. It also says: "Anything goes".

Here is how it is worded:
"Anything goes. This class has no restrictions on frames and forks. Can be completely fabricated from scratch or heavily modified factory frames…feel free to go crazy!"

:grin:

please do not modify this beautiful frame

You just made my day! That's the correct one! I gotta give ya something for it.
In early discussions before this build off I mentioned helping each other out and using the pay it forward when we can. I saw my chance. Help the next guy brother. It'll be good to see it used.

Carl.

In early discussions before this build off I mentioned helping each other out and using the pay it forward when we can. I saw my chance. Help the next guy brother. It'll be good to see it used.

Carl.

You're a good dude Carl

please do not modify this beautiful frame
I have no intention of modifying this frame. My builds are always made from unmodified parts. That makes it more challenging. The "modified" aspect of this build is that I am using a "girl's" frame! That's the whole point! I probably won't get any votes, but I'm not doing this for the votes.

Last edited:
I have had this idea for a long time now, and I finally followed through with it last night. I am not much of a fan of the rear racks on these old bikes. But I do kind of like the 50's Schwinn front rack (that is usually seen on girls bikes). I have had this red and cream '55 S-2 frame and other assorted Schwinn parts laying around for a while now. And I have always wondered if that front rack would work with a Schwinn springer fork. Well, I stayed up most of the night putting this thing together, and it actually worked! So, I thought that I would share this cool idea with all my fellow rat rod builders here. This is basically a '55 Hornet with enameled S-2 wheels in cream with red pinstripes. I also added the Phantom chainguard to fancy it up a bit. As usual, I added my obligatory funky tires and '64 Sting Ray bars to give my signature look. I kind of liked the way it turned out.
DSCN1218.JPG
DSCN1220.JPG
DSCN1221.JPG
DSCN1219.JPG
DSCN1222.JPG

Last edited:
I have had this idea for a long time now, and I finally followed through with it last night. I am not much of a fan of rear racks on these old bikes. But I do kind of like the 50's Schwinn front rack (that is usually seen on girls bikes). I have had this red and cream S-2 '55 frame and other assorted Schwinn parts laying around for a while now. And I have always wondered if that front rack would work with a Schwinn springer fork. Well, I stayed up most of the night putting this thing together, and it actually worked! So, I thought that I would share this cool idea with all my fellow rat rod builders here. This is basically a '55 red and cream Hornet with enameled S-2 wheels in cream with red pinstripes. I also added the Phantom chainguard to fancy it up a bit. Plus I added my obligatory funky tires and '64 Sting Ray bars. I kind of liked the way it turned out. View attachment 125678View attachment 125679View attachment 125680View attachment 125681View attachment 125682
Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

I love all your bikes. What’s the saddle on this?

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

I love all your bikes. What’s the saddle on this?
Thank you for the kind words, Jude! I really have no idea the origin of this saddle. I believe that it is period correct on this '55 bike. Might even be correct??? This would be a mid-line seat on a Schwinn between the base black seat and the fancy Phantom seat.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words! I really have no idea the origin of this saddle. I believe that it is period correct on this '55 bike. Might even be correct??? This would be a mid-line seat on a Schwinn between the base black seat and the fancy tan Phantom seat.
Cool. Did you have to do much bending to get that rack to work?

Cool. Did you have to do much bending to get that rack to work?
No bending or modifying of any kind was required. It all fit........which I couldn't predict before I actually assembled it all together. Of course, the rack is now part of the suspension system. It has to slightly bend when the springer fork compresses. Surprisingly, it all works very well together.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back