Homemade springer fronts?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a springer (and frame) I made some years ago.
CPO-cruiser.jpg

Are you using a threadless head tube? you could allso mount risers on the triple tree for the handle bars.
I'm working on a leaf spring for a new build and here is a pic the last one I made for my Hawthorne.
IMG_20120511_173301.jpg

hats off to every poster here.. :mrgreen: thats what this site is about .. your all a bunch of mad
scientist :lol: and the workmanship is great. now having said that i am off to the lab to steal all of
your ideas

Decided to try a hand at making a home made springer for my ole' Huffy Porkchopper. Came out OK. I'm honestly on the fence about it being on the bike. Maybe if it were black (to match the bike's color), then perhaps it would appeal to me more than it currently does. Also, the front fender is back on the bike :lol:

IMG_1162_zps33e04b48.jpg

Did one like Bicyclerick posted with the two curved forks, and then the same
design with straight tubes. Both pretty easy with good results.
DSCF0003_zps9214b4a7.jpg

DSCF0003_zps02bea752.jpg

All these homemade springers are very cool!

I'm working on one using two Schwinn forks and two springs like a Monark springer for the RRBBO.

I haven't gotten very far yet, just cut the top off of one of the forks and started smoothing it out.
I'll post more photos when I get more done.

I went the same direction with a non-functioning springer. I just wanted the looks and didn't really care if it worked. 5" springs (intended for Harley seats), Some plumbing parts, some scrap metal and a donor 10-speed fork.

SHMO

425275_10151411924122190_1218757278_n.jpg

deven_science said:
My first attempt. It worked, too, but it compressed too easily, so I put a hidden nut in there that held it still, and made it basically for looks.

This drop outs look mean.. :D

I wanted a Springer and I REALLY wanted to add some length to my bike. It's he'll to ride but it makes me less worried about anyone stealing it..

HuffDaddy said:
All these homemade springers are very cool!

I'm working on one using two Schwinn forks and two springs like a Monark springer for the RRBBO.

I haven't gotten very far yet, just cut the top off of one of the forks and started smoothing it out.
I'll post more photos when I get more done.
I finished mine. Ended up using a upper spring from a HD springer front end.

Latest posts

Back