Honest Abes... Again!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, this one is probably one of my favorites. I like the shadow
bike.jpg
[/img]

Schweet!

Great pic! Not sure if you have a name for it but I was thinkin something along the lines of the famous Deep Purple song "Space Truckin'" I saw your avatar and it just came to my mind. I had a 24" chrome boys Spaceliner frame that I wanted to stretch and lower, but I got talked out of it because the bike was in great condition to begin with, so I modified it to my liking and then sold it as the "Space Ray".

Joe

Thanks guys, to be honest it really doesn't have a name. It has gone through several though. When I first built it and nobody new who's it was, someone coined it the "Ol Tanker bike," then I called it the "JC Higgins Special," and then it was simply the "Rat bike." I mostly refer to it as the old "Sled," or "Creeper" because the springer sqeaks and the gearing is good for about 9.5mph. While riding it around, I get nice compliments like, " Have you ever heard of Ospho," or " Get off the road you hobo!"

you know abe this bike has sure spawned quite a few follwers ... its just that cool man... this is a great shot cool light lines and flow

a follower (jason)

I fell in love with this Bike the First Time I saw it.

It has everything a True Hand Build Hot Rod of The 50's / 60's
would have.......

and built in the same" Back Yard / Poor Boy" style, that we know now as
a Rat Rod!

great Image of it..I too like The Shadows.

peace,
Kev.

i would like to say if only one is going to make it you abe have my vote over myself.

yours screams RAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!! i can only guess how many people have started choppin because of your bike.

my hats off to you bro. when ya gunna be in michigan i wanna ride it lol

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments. I never thought this bike would have such a following. I can now die happy man, knowing a new generation of low, sidewalk scrapping bikes is on the move!!:lol:

P.S The background is/was a vw bus that had to be plucked out with a backhoe when we cleared our property.

Latest posts

Back