honey badger- "tank" and done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok, heres a little late entry. no pix 'cause i barley touched it lately. to buzy w/ 2 other bikes and my motorsickle 8)
this build off just mite give me some hustle to build this elgin.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=40190&p=520705&hilit=elgin+rush#p520705
if someone cries foul and says i'm cheatin 'cause i got a head start on this please dont for 2 reasons: 1, i've really aint done much w/ it but piddle w/ it and play around w/ parts, and 2) i would think "cheating" may only apply if i was tryin' to get an upper hand to win, and winning is something im not even tryin' for. just some friendly motivation to get this puppy done.

CMAN i will go back to the springer, but it will be modified.
i will go back to "modern" driveline(chain/sprocket)
i think i've gott he color picked out.
i'm still thinkin about the bar(s)
i got a saddle in the mail today that made me wanna work on this again......ill reveal a little at a time.

this will either look really cool or really dorky! its only in my brain, so i dunno yet.
good luck to everyone!

Re: honey badger

Looking forward to another cool build, but no 20" wheels this year, I gusee you want to be considered "in the race" this year, haha. Have fun and I can't wait to see it.

ok, here's the deal. here's what made me wanna do this.
maybe 2 months ago blackchop1 listed a leather saddle for sale. i meant to hit him up at the time, but i guess it got away from me.
maybe amonth ago i remembered(possibly on a late slightly inebriated eve) and i PMed him. well it took him a couple weeks and he got back to me w/ a price and addres. well by the time he got back to me i was to embaressed :oops: to tell him i forgot what the seat looked like, so i just sent the money :lol:
anyhow the saddle showed up in the mail yesterday and i held it up to the frame and i think a little lite bulb :idea: went off over my head!
i'll tear into it later this week.
000_0006-8.jpg

seat will most definately look perfect on that elgin.
elgins are cool anyways.

build it build it build it! then pedal the tires off it.

What :?: Elgin :?: I'll be following this one.

what i did last nite or "how to ruin a perfectly good X-53 springer fork" :lol:
000_0014.jpg

000_0015.jpg

safety first kiddos! gloves and safety goggles :p
000_0018.jpg

the first cut is the deepest 8)
000_0019-1.jpg

little grinding and shaping
000_0024.jpg

finer sanding and i'm done for now.

Love those saddles. I got one acouple of months ago. You can not beat the price and they are very comfortable. Just wish they would make one in black also. good luck on your build

aint gonna have any progress until at least next week. buzy weekend wedding(not mine) so no playin w/ bikes.
the only thing i'll sub out on this build will be gettin it sand/media blasted.
it's all apart and ready to blast!
000_0007-9.jpg

yeah, i know. shoes in the shot! not on purpose :p
000_0008-6.jpg

i'll most likely use this bendix wheelset that i yanked from an early 50s ladies JCHiggins.
the front axle is bent, so i'll replace & rebuild it. and inspect the rear and possibly rebuild it.
everyone have a productive weekend and call yer mother on sunday!

Re: honey badger w/ a little game

i just got my frame&fork back from my media blast guy, and i started primering them
IMG_45151.jpg

IMG_45161.jpg

heres kinda what the mock up looks like but i aint usin those wheels or skippy crank.
000_0013-3.jpg

i dought that anyone will guess what i will do on this build up, but i will do one thing that is pretty predictable(to me).
some might say its my signature move....hint...not black :shock:
just for fun ill make a little contest out of it.....
the 1st person to know/guess this "item" will recieve "it" on my dime.
to be fair, PMs wont count, and deorman is excluded :p

Latest posts

Back