Hotdog hello

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, time to stop lurking and properly introduce myself. I'm a middle-aged rat rod wannebe who has learned alot and thoroughly enjoyed looking at all the RRBBO threads and other fabulous bikes you folks have created. I must admit I am addicted. Thoughts of rat bikes in my sleep - pretty sick. My interest has peaked thanks to the inheritance of a 57-58 Schwinn Hornet my dad used to beat around on. As you'll see(once I learn how to post a pic) my dad already had the bike well on it's way to rat-dom. Thanks to everyone for all I've learned so far and for all I have yet to learn from you.

Regards,
Rich[/img]

Welcome!!!! Just wait till you get out of bed at 3 a.m. because you dreamed that a huffy fender will fit a schwinn and HAD to see if it does!!!

Mark, I fear I'm almost there already. I had thoughts of hiding brake lines last night, among other things. Sad thing is, I don't have brake lines on my first bike, so why I'm thinking about this already is anyone's guess.

Here's a pic of my soon-to-be rod...(hopefully)
bike5.jpg

In case you're wondering about the username, here's my inspiration. I affectionately refer to them as the dueling weiners. I'm thinking of incorporating their weinerness into the rat build and dubbing it Hotdoggin'...

P4180334.jpg

sweet..!!!!
A pure bread Miniture Tan..and a Pure Bread Miniture
Black and Tan Daxie!..

Lowriders that keep your feet warm at night( those things love being under the covers ) :lol: :lol:

oh yaa..the bike.
Very cool!
and I too suffer from;
"Wakeupatnightbecausethebuildisonthemind-ous"

welcome to the Forum Hotdoggin...
good to have yaa,
peace,
Kev.

Hotdoggin' said:
In case you're wondering about the username, here's my inspiration. I affectionately refer to them as the dueling weiners. I'm thinking of incorporating their weinerness into the rat build and dubbing it Hotdoggin'...

P4180334.jpg

I hear them Maryland pit wieners are vicious!
welcome to the forum!

welcome to the forum man! I think I would wear old soup cans around my ankles if I was near them dogs-lol

You mentioned in my intro thread about getting the crank out. Incase you don't know the pedals are right and left thread. The way I always remember is you loosen to the front and tighten to the back.

..or is it the other way around? hmmmm...

well welcome anyways!

Latest posts

Back