Houston.... We have a problem....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had this frame for awhile just sitting around
IMG_0915.jpg

Remembered I had a Spaceliner fork I had gotten sometime ago, always wanted to build one of these flipped around Poppa Wheelie style(41 Rollfast first buildoff). Have never been able to fix the Shimano rear CB hub on this wheelset, front 24X3 tire doesn't really fit this fork, pretty much flat and wedged in there. Rear on the Roadmaster on the other hand has plenty of room for 24X3 so it's staying.
IMG_0941.jpg

Got this 24/26 wheelset cheap on the ebay awhile back and still have 26x2.125 Kenda Kraze from RBBO2 bike, 24/26 will help rebalance the downhill look from the flipped fork also.
IMG_0942.jpg

Re: Space Invader or a fork in the Road

TYhanks! Got the rims mounted with a 24x3 and 26x2.125 Kenda krazes, think I still like the 24x3 up front better but no way with this for unless I crimp the fork legs(hmmm ... maybe, but not yet). Fork legs will need to go black, maybe just a lazy job, clean and shoot it to try and match the patina of the frame

IMG_0946.jpg

Nice warm day for photos, so a bit more mockup, wanted to feel how this thing would steer. Feels like it'll ride no hands by itself. Fork steerer tube is a bit long but spacers will do.

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

thats a good lookin bike ya got there! i think you should run either apes or some nice cruiser bars.

Mission scrubbed, the problem is I've got other plans for this one. I want a heavier, meaner look.

Latest posts

Back