How many guys..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have girlfriends/wives involved, interested, or helping scope out bikes with you??

because one day, while at my girlfriends, i checked the forum on her laptop. apparently after i left, and untill 3 in the morning, she browsed the forum, without telling me. :shock: :shock:
the next night when i talked to her, she mentioned it, and i was thoroughly shocked. now my girl is the girly-ish type, but she apparently has this "tom-boy" side that isnt afraid to get greasy and wants to see what goes on. so she asked if we could build a bike together, and i said absolutely! im so geeked about it, i already have a bike drawn up for us to build, building it with all the frames and parts ive accumlated, to cut costs(like i always do :wink: ) now not to stake down my future, but im thinking this girl's a keeper(well theres a lot more reasons than just the bike thing, but this is a big deal :mrgreen: )

anybody else have a girlfriend/wife like this? 8)

my wife tolerates it.....
if she sees something i may like she lets me know,gives opinions about my builds,and goes riding with me but thats about the extent of it(i am thankful for those things though....she could be complaining :wink: )

Man a girl like that is a KEEPER!!! :wink:
My situation is similar whenever my friends come over all they want to do is see bikes and build bikes but they don't realize it takes time. Also my whole family is involved my grandfather (DonOne) is about to start his prewar military style bike and my Step Father is finishing up his pure rat huffy for out trip to the swap meet in Tennessee. We all cruise around that place like we are something special. :lol:

My wife had only ridden a bike when she was a little girl and even though she knew how to ride still she is a big girl and didn't want to look like a "trained circus bear". I finally got her to ride and then slapped together the Huffy for her. She still wants a bigger bike so she looks more normal on it which is why she is getting the trike I'm building. She won't get greasy with me but wants to go for rides and loves the old cruisers best.

purple said:
My wife had only ridden a bike when she was a little girl and even though she knew how to ride still she is a big girl and didn't want to look like a "trained circus bear". I finally got her to ride and then slapped together the Huffy for her. She still wants a bigger bike so she looks more normal on it which is why she is getting the trike I'm building. She won't get greasy with me but wants to go for rides and loves the old cruisers best.
sounds like a start to having her hooked...

By the way I really like the purple font, really original. It looks good with the name.

My significant other is none other than "bikeangel" .. now she saw me EVERY night on here watching and learning..so, one night she get's the giggles on her laptop..and sure enough she had set up her profile..
She does go with me to all the shows / swap meets / yard sales / fleamarkets..etc. When we got together, I had 3 main "rider bikes" for myself..since we have found her : Sun Custom Cruiser. Murray coaster brake beach cruiser someone had abandoned, and we just found a Schwinn Collegiate for her to work with me on.. Now..we are also currently "resto-modding" a 71 Ford F-100 Pickup..on top of all that she is currently getting her bachelors @ Devry via online courses..AND working at a job..BUT she came up with a paint scheme for her Murray to match the paint on the F-100..she is definitely a keeper !!

TheFlyingDingo said:
I can barely get kayla to ride a bike.
my cousin is 15 and cant ride a bike...she never learned. we should kick her out of the family because when it comes to bikes she doesn't fit in! you should hear our family get together conversations. :lol:

my wife finally took my new dual suspension mt bike for a spin with the kids. she has a hardtail/ rigid fork bike she never rides. she loved the "cushion" of the double-boinger, though not crazy about the wtb speed-v saddle. looks like ill be gettin a new bike for her now, but im so happy our family rides will be all of us now. if i could only get her to weld now......

My wife tolerates my addiction. She will go to a swap meet with me and I have offered to build a bike for her but she just has no interest in one. Five years ago I bought her a Townie 3speed. She rode 4 times since then. We gave it to her Sister-in-law who has riden it daily.

Oh well I have no interest in her crafty stuff.

my girlfriend wants to know when the rrbbo is over (or more to the point, when the bike will move outta the living room. :)

i just smile and say..... " oh no honey, they run the build off all year long." 8)

Well, my fiance isn't really into any kind of wrenching when it comes to bikes, but she will totally get in with the rags and clean them with me! Her bike is almost identical to mine (though she has a really killer Moon sprocket and I haven't upgraded from stock yet)...

This one is mine:
DSC02508.jpg

And this one is hers:
DSC02499.jpg

Even our kids are getting into the whole biking thing, we have two girls (8 and 11 from her first marriage) that both loved our bikes and wanted cool cruisers of their own (No pics yet)

My girlfriend builds too, I have to be there though, just in case of.....
on this bike she almost did everything herself including paint.actualy she is a better painter then me. :oops:
Its a ratle can paint with flakes in it very nice, she named the bike "midnight blue"

25g9aix.jpg

She's into her second build know, the "dia the los muertos".
The frame is in primer and some areas have bondo on them, she's in the sanding stage.

2niqqn8.jpg

I'm having a hard time to shut up when she's building, i'm always saying, "you know what you could do" or "what this bike needs is.........".
but she knows quite good what she has in mind and tells me to shut up. :lol:

we have a lot fun together though.

Let me testify. My wife and I had a tandem for 31 years.We even upgraded to a Burley for her. Her bike? Yeah, she has had a bad leg for almost as long as I have known her. The tandems is all she can ride. We took a weekend bike trip to our neighboring island of Nantucket, with our kids (over 10 years ago), bikes only. A few years ago she had to have new knee put in so that she could walk and for 2 years her biking stopped. I bought crank shorting things on her end of the bike and we are back in biking again.
When I go to the swap meets we find a nice hotel and when I shoot over to the show to meet some Rats she sits and eats Bon Bon's , hold the phone please.
When I have gone to ride with Rats in New London she goes shopping and meets us at our eating stops. Now we just have to see about bringing a tandem next time.

So this is the biggy............this Fathers Day weekend taking Friday also we went to a Hot Air Balloon Fest in Vermont. On the way back to Bennington we took the back roads and she pointed out every yard sale we could find. Some didn't look that good and I didn't turn around, but this one was in a nice town down a side road, she pointed and said ," I want to go there......", wheeled onto the road and found a nice neighborhood with yardsales on both sides. I found a 6-speed folding YEAH CLOUD 9 which I bought but left the DAHON single speed behind. She said to me," your not leaving that other one behind because your to freaking cheap, I'll buy it for you for Fathers day".................. :shock: ...............
So I got them home now for a total of 30 dollars. I feel like I'm like KOTA and his wife.................but I'm still not shaving my head!
New_Folds-02.jpg

My wife is cool 8)
GL

My wife is fully supportive of my bicycle obsession, although she's not too crazy about the bikes and bike parts that find their way into the house. I have a chopper and 2 old school bmx resto projects in our bedroom right now because the garage is too cluttered and I don't want to risk any scratches on them.
While there's no way in heck I'll get her to come out to the garage and wrench on them, she likes the hobby and the bmx racing because it's a healthy sport that keeps the kids and I doing stuff together instead of the typical family where dad is at the bar watching the game and the kids are glued to the Playstation eating potato chips all day. She goes on rides with us on her '50 J.C. Higgins, and I'm building her a Cannondale ladies mtb. in the hopes of getting her on some of the trails with us. I tried getting her to race bmx...that lasted half a lap. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back